Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, July 25, 2003 ]


DJ Tim [18:08] Comments: 0 []
 
Hi all (no one!), since I feel I have to talk about the Matrix on here, I'll add my two pence (that's a bit like a cent for any Yanks or Kiwis reading) worth. One thing that I was thinking after reading Stu's post was that if anyone had likened the Matrix to quantum theory. One of the principles of Quantum theory (I really hope Mr&Mrs T aren't reading this) is that until observed a quantum exists in all possible states that could result from all possible paths. This sounds a bit like the multiple versions of Zion albeit in the film it is suggested that they run sequentially rather than concurrently which would be more quantum like. You could then extrapolate this theory that is based on nothing to the fact that the computers that run the Matrix are in fact quantum computers themselves (something that they would have to be in order to have the computing power to run anything like the Matrix. Anyway if any one is remotely interested in Quantum Theory but don't have the background in Physics to really understand it can I recommend a book.

Well it's off now for the weekend to do a bit DJ-ing on my Radio Waterloo show. Hopefully Sid has sorted out the sound problems we had last week!

This is DJ Tim signing off.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Just quickly, as I'm working late and long and har...
You would have thought that considering I write we...
Hello everyone - Stuart here, guest editor extrord...
The book-end of a very nice evening, sitting with ...
Sitting at my computer, post-shower water slowly e...
Wow. Just discovered how to "borrow" images from o...
I'd been wondering why Lavasoft hadn't appeared to...
I've now found a failsafe method of hang-over prev...
Just re-seen Reloaded at the bfi IMAX with DJ Tim....
Life can feel so cinematic at times. I woke thi...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.