Viper Squad Ten

[ Saturday, July 26, 2003 ]


DJ Tim [04:54] Comments: 0 []
 
Well lets talk about books - what is it with all this Harry Potter crap. Why is it that an entire nation, actually strike that, an entire world, is obsessed about a bunch of books written for kids. I must admit that I haven't actually read any of them, but why should I, they are kids books. I did actually see the first film (on DVD mind, like I was going to pay to see it!) and I thought it was... well ok I'll admit it, it was ok. BUT IT WAS STILL A KIDS FILM. (Sorry for shouting) It's not that I have any thing against the Harry Potter books per-say, well actually I do. After the latest book was published it was ridiculous the number of (normal) adults that were sat on the tube (that's the subway for the Yanks, and for the Kiwis it's a train that runs underground) reading it. Why don't they just get a copy of the Lord of the Rings and read that instead. Talking of which, special edition of the Two Towers out in November sounds great. 40 mins extra footage - can't wait. Peter Jackson rocks - apart from all the films he did before LOTR.

Now serious stuff. BB4. Thank God that the British nation had the sense to vote Cameron the winner. I must admit it was the most mind numbingly boring BB ever, but I was so please that Cameron won, if only because Jon aka Tickle was such a bastard in his views on him. I have never seen a guy who was so scared of a person that had his life sorted through his religion, so much so that he went around saying that Cameron was being false. Ha ha, he had the last laugh.

Anyway you'll all be pleased to know that Sid sorted out his sound problems tonight and the show went well - obviously it was never going to be as good as the Radio Redland days, but how is a little station like Radio Waterloo going to attract the likes of George Lucas!!

Big shout out to the Finsbury Park Massive!

Anyway this is DJ Tim signing off .....berrr...static...crackle...static...dead.......


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Gah Tim has usurped me in the talking about stuff ...
Hi all (no one!), since I feel I have to talk abou...
Just quickly, as I'm working late and long and har...
You would have thought that considering I write we...
Hello everyone - Stuart here, guest editor extrord...
The book-end of a very nice evening, sitting with ...
Sitting at my computer, post-shower water slowly e...
Wow. Just discovered how to "borrow" images from o...
I'd been wondering why Lavasoft hadn't appeared to...
I've now found a failsafe method of hang-over prev...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.