Viper Squad Ten

[ Sunday, December 21, 2003 ]

The return of Elvis
DJ Tim [22:33] Comments: 0 []
 
Went to see Lord of the Rings yesterday and this is what I think (no spoilers - like you all don't know the story anyway) - be prepared not all good news though.

Firstly let me say where I am coming from I thought fellowship was fantastic. The extended version was even better. Two towers was even better and the extended version was out of this world.

Secondly, the cinema that I saw it at had sound problems - for some parts of the film we seemed to lose the surround sound other parts we had a few odd noises.

Thirdly, I was a bit hungover and the cinema was not that comfy.

So with that in mind, this is what I thought.

I thought that unlike the other two films it seemed rushed. It was trying to fit in too much and not really doing the epic scenes justice. Don't get me wrong - I still loved it - but I was just expecting more. I think that in an extended version this will be sorted out. I personally would have cut out 20 mins from the first hour and the final 20 mins and then used them to make the middle bit longer.

Having said this, I'm going to go and see it again with proper sound and this might give me a better impression. Afterall, the battle of Helm's deep in the two towers - which I thought was out of this world was very dependant on the sound. Anyone that has watched all the extras on the 2 towers dvd will know.

Anyway Peter still deserves Best Director and Best Film because the only failure of this film, in my view, was that it was not quite as good as the others. But K2 is still a bloody big mountain even when compared to Everest. (I would have used a mount Cook comparison there - but as we all know now that mountain does not exist)

If you haven't seen it yet go at once - (Starbuck beware - you might be scared of Shelob (sp?))


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Pacman for MS Excel - wacka wacka wacka!
Virtual Light
(Happy Birthday To Stu) x 2, HB Dear Stuart (1st l...
Romance
Nothing can stop me now...
Something more tasteful?
Testosterolympics (anyone disgusted by bodily emis...
The end of canned chopped and pressed pork product...
What penalty?
TACTICAL PURCHASING

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.