Viper Squad Ten

[ Monday, July 11, 2005 ]

The DJ has to speak
DJ Tim [00:30] Comments: 2 []
 
When I heard about 7/7 I was disgusted, however I watched the unfolding events like everyone else. But I would like to put my own point across. They should not be called Islamic extremists, they should be called cowards. I'm a religious person who has not quite found what he's looking for within his own faith, but as a result I have researched many other faiths. One thing that I can say is that they all believe in "loving thy neighbour". What these terrorist do is nothing to do with any faith and in fact they make the Islamic community in this country look bad. If they had any "balls" they would actually stand up and challenge us - but no they are scardy cats who resort to the lowest level of argumenents - strike that that - it's not even an argumenent - it a chicken shit cowardice - they resort to the easiest of arguments (i.e. one that you can't answer back too) If they actually had a political point they wanted to make, may be they could actually state it rather that "blow it".

I'm proud to be British because of the way that we dealt with the incident on Thursday, we will never give in to such cowardice. We will stand tall and say "We believe in what we do and you will never take that away from us". However we will not over react and blame every person who hasn't a pure white skin. We will bond together and embrace the multi-racial comunity that we have in London and grow stronger together - because that's what the cowards dread..... Ha Ha Ha F***K you.


2 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at July 11, 2005 3:53 pm  :

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at July 11, 2005 8:02 pm  :

Myself too, Tim.

I'm proud to be British, and I'm proud of those who come to live in Britain.

Lets face it, looking far back enough we're all a bunch of immigrants to this island.

Incidentally, I hope that many people, living in Britain and otherwise, saw yesterday's commemorations in London of the 60th anniversary of the end of WW2. A moving, dignified response - I kept welling up with tears watching those proud noble veterans of the last "great" war.

As for religion, as Tim will know I'm not a believer myself, however I'm a believer in humanity.

It doesn't matter what someone's religion is - wrong is wrong. Do the perpetrators of the massacre in Srebrenica 10 years ago represent all Chritianity? No.

I had ended this Comment with what I fear turned into a rant (and then a misplaced attempt at lightening the mood with a joke.)

But now isn't the time for anger, and it certainly isn't the time for jokes about Big Brother (there is never a good time for jokes about Big Brother!)

It is the time for calm, for understanding, to do the right thing on the world stage so that we can feel self-assured about doing the right thing. Self-pity shouldn't feature.

Let's make the world a better place, people.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Imagined memories
London friends
Explosions in London
Hacked off
Googlewhacked!
Live 8 review
Sleep and sleepability
Google video
Gouranga my friends!
Letters Play

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.