Viper Squad Ten

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 ]

New Flaming Lips album
Starbuck [20:54] Comments: 9 []
 
Yes. Yes! YES!


9 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at April 03, 2006 10:25 pm  :

you might enjoy this

thanks for your kind words, much appreciated :) i will never give up the fight, i just hope the fight does not give up on me.



Comment by Blogger The Saturnyne, at April 04, 2006 1:39 am  :

*waves at 3rd daughter above*

Heya Mate!

I can't believe your blog is still mushhy green colour! Eugh!

Am busy reading downwards to see what you've been up to. Like the look of yr "portal" (ooer!)

Back soon!

S.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at April 04, 2006 9:53 am  :

Hello Both.

Thanks for the link, 3d - lots of Lips goodness! They would make me feel in love, even if I wasn't!

And good to hear from you, Mr Saturnyne. Yep, the page is still an eye-aching mushy green, but it acts as a deterent to keep unwanteds away from the blog!

Incidentally, just last night I worked out (after 6 years) how to change the brightness & colour saturation on my graphics card. The display has always been incredibly, no matter what I do to the monitor. And, blimey, I've now discovered that it is difficult sitting in front of the green-as-it-should-be-seen for a long time...



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at April 04, 2006 10:37 am  :

*waving back to saturnyne and to starbuck*

i have become addicted to stereogum. glad you liked the link :)



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at April 04, 2006 1:09 pm  :

* waves to you all *

There's so much waving going on, its like a surfing convention round here!



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at April 05, 2006 12:20 pm  :

I haven't heard the whole album yet but from the adverts even I like it. I, who generally regard the Flaming Lips as a bad Tears for Fears cover band...

Mind you I went to see Mogwai er in the last two months - after not really loving the albums and was utterly blown away and thought they were fab.

Plus I wasn't really using the extremes of my hearing anyway......



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at April 05, 2006 12:34 pm  :

* waves at Birdy *

Yeah, I've heard that Mogwai are stunning live. And I can imagine the massive shifts in the power of their soundscapes. Or something.

Talking of soundscapes, who I most want to see, however, is "Sigur Rós (I know that your bloke would agree with me).

Takk is a stunning album, and especially now that the BBC have been reminding me of it every few days with the music in their adverts for Planet Earth, I just can't get it out of my head.

And now that I've got broadband I can download all of the free stuff off their website... bliss.



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at April 10, 2006 1:28 pm  :

He would too - its on our to do list. Any gig dates that you know of?



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at April 10, 2006 11:29 pm  :

I'm too ignorant of all things to know anything like thar, I'm afraid.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Timeframe - 2 days backwards - Image Capture [Beac...
"A funny sense of humour"
The Powersurge Portal
Nature's unwanted alarm call
Monkhouse Magic
Timeframe - 16 days backwards - Image Capture [SP ...
Timeframe - 18 days backwards - Image Capture [Pre...
Timeframe - 18 days backwards - Image Capture [Ski...
Babies
Lookalikes

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.