Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 ]

TV Quick
Starbuck [23:40] Comments: 3 []
 
Cutting through the haze of Tesco Spanish Brandy De Jerez Solera Reserva, Cuvée Prestige Vin De Pays De L'Hérault, Ernest & Jullio Sierra Valley, Glenfiddich Special Reserve, oh, and Guinness. It's the TV Quick section.
  1. For the first (and hopefully last) time, I recorded Oz soap lesstroadinaire Neighbours this last Tuesday gone. It was the "special" Neighbours 20th year anniversary, where a bunch of annoying characters that you'd successfully wiped from your memory were reinforced into your mind, destined to stay forevermore. I've now got the shit-eating grins of Doug Willis and Philip Martin painfully phosphened across my consciousness-tray. A disappointing lack of wavy-armed Benito Alessi, however.
  2. - the Dr Who spin-off. Fantastic idea. If I was bisexual, gay, or female I'd be in love with Captain Jack (except he'd be a bit too "loose" for me...) But I was overjoyed to hear of the anagramatical Dr Who spinoff, an "adult dark, clever, wild, sexy, British crime/sci-fi paranoid thriller cop show with a sense of humour" according to Russel; T Davies, not mincing his words. Also the potential punchline of piss-poor jokes about Solihull shopping centres.
  3. Human Remains - I've been catching up on the DVD (which I insist that any HR-virgin reading these words should now buy from Amazon, I'd say the highlight of both Rob Brydon & Julia Davis' incredibly illustrious careers. And that includes the Toilet Duck advert. Each one 30 minutes of self-enclosed docudramedy perfection, whatever that means. Flipping marvellous.
  4. Oh bugger. Not quite cut through the haze here. There was something else televisual that has now dropped off my stage. Curse that demon alcohol! As Mr Ozzy Osbourne once sang. (Though Starbuck recommends that readers don't rush out to follow the advice of Amazon, who recommend to those searching for DEMON ALCOHOL OZZY that thy might like "Shaven Angels 2" by Peter Lorenz. Which of course you might, if you're into well-groomed religious icons. Or something.)
  5. Nope. My last TV Quick factoid isn't coming back to me.
  6. Please input your own: It's more personal that way.


3 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at October 22, 2005 1:48 am  :

Christ, I was just going up to bed when I had to add to this. Flack knows why.

I needed to chronicle how fracking annoying I'd always found John Barrowman, before he became the aforementioned Jack Harkness in the recent Dr Who. Admitedly this was some years back, me an immature kiddie watching Saturday morning TV, and he a desperately out-of-place presenter on Live & Kicking. Git then. Good now.



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at October 25, 2005 11:34 am  :

ooh! ooh! neighbours got interesting tonight. i wont spoil it for you...

did you see this?



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at October 25, 2005 7:33 pm  :

Didn't see it (do we get them at the same time as you in Oz btw?)

Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately) I don't get back from work in time for Neighbours except sometimes on a Friday.

And I'm not making a habit of recording it!

What happened? I MUST KNOW!

Still, at least I've got Wikipedia to keep me up-to-date!

Checked out your "best obscure Neighbours character" link. Disappointed to see no reference to the old Britcom vicar-character actor who for the life of me I can't remember now. But at least they included Pet Shop Boy Chris Lowe...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Household update
Powersurge Wedding Picture Exclusive (following a ...
Plumbing the depths
KMFGG
Like a kick in the plumbs
The weekend in pictures
Desperate marketing?
Bodger and Bazzer
Lineker eyes
"And its goodnight from him"

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.