Viper Squad Ten

[ Sunday, October 16, 2005 ]

Powersurge Wedding Picture Exclusive (following a disappointing bid from Hello magazine)
Starbuck [00:30] Comments: 7 []
 

A little over 6 months back I was sitting huddled over my computer keyboard, alone in the house and lonely whilst my fiance was out enjoying her hen night, desperately trying to compose my groom's speech (none too succesfully, as chronicled HERE).

Now, many months later I am alone again, apart from my wife who is out enjoying our friend Trisha's hen night, and I have sat here, desperately trying to archive some images from our wedding whilst I've got a few moments.

And you can see the fruits of my labour at http://andyandlucy.weddingpath.com/








There's a limit to the number of photographs that can be uploaded to each section of the wedding website, which means there have been some difficult decisions to make regarding content, but at least that keeps it focussed. And considering I've had to whittle down 500-odd honeymoon photos for the honeymoon section, that's probably a good thing!

Anyhow, there may be some fluidity in the wedding content as and when we receive more photographs of the wedding, and we've been promised a CD of professional photos from a burgeoning wedding protographer friend who used our wedding as practice material; we were promised it 5 months back, but mustn't grumble. Suffice to say he's not getting a free plug until they surface... If I had more time on my hands I'd GIMP up (i.e. photoshop with a small "p") the scans of the proofs of the very nice official snaps that we'd received from Prestige to try to remove crafty watermarks they'd protected them with. But that's not going to happen soon.

WeddingPath is actually a rather spiffy and very well presented little website, and one which I'd wished I'd used prior to our wedding for planning & info-dissemination purposes. And I'm not just saying that 'cos writer & editor Salsky is a friend of mine (you might want to check out HER WeddingPath as well, you big soft shites.) Or because their Best Man game cracks a smile right the way throughout me.

In fact, rather than writing about gimps and websites whatnot, tonight I was going to finally write a rather verbose VSX report on the Powersurge wedding and honeymoon, as I've not really done it justice on these pages. However, its now 1.30 in the morning, my vision is blurring in, and the only thing my slowing brain can manage tonight is to post up some photos.

However I've always been very hesitant of revealing my good looks on Viper Squad Ten, so you'll have to make do with atmosphere pieces and partially-obscured visages that will have by now surrounded these words.

If you think you can take the truth of how I actually look, head thee over to our Wedding Path thingey.


7 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at October 16, 2005 2:29 am  :

sweet!!

great photos, thank you for sharing at last. the venue looks fabulous, mrs powersurge's dress is gorgeous (as is her good self) and starbuck now has a face to go with the blog. as always, the mental image i had of you is quite different from the real thing.



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at October 16, 2005 7:46 pm  :

Very nice. I bestow on you my heartiest congratulations and best wishes for the future.

p.s stay away from peroxide..hehe



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at October 17, 2005 4:47 pm  :

Ah, thank you all for your kind words.

The venue was indeed gorgeous, as was (and is) my bride, and as I am not - I got a more-handsome body double for all the professional shots (& relied on poor compression to mask the ones on the web!)

A few quick responses:

1) Thanks, Susan. No doubt I'll be uploading onto VSX a bunch more photies (including a lorra honeymooners and an "in-depth report")when I get a few moments alone with the computer. I'll let you know if I replace the WeddingPath ones as well. You'll wish you'd never discovered me by the time I've updated them a hundred times...

2) Vex, don't remind me of my hair-dye disasters, please... though I might be persuaded to post up some pictures of me as a young man with bizarre hair (especially considering it looks nothing like me now!)

3) Billy, that was me mid-Ebeneezer Goode (the Shamen song, not the drug). It always makes me kinda lose it...
PS Hands of my missus!



Comment by Blogger The Saturnyne, at October 18, 2005 1:05 am  :

Aha! I've just been looking at yr wedding album!

Lovely!
Beautiful bride! Hope i can find one from the same shop! Lovely dress! Who's the ugly gi- oh it's you... Heehee! *ahem*

Looks like a fab time was had by all. May your lives be long and filled with yummy things. Huzzah!

*dabs eye with hanky* oh it's all so so so so verty beautiful! Oh the emotion...

S.

PS: Nice! i got 2nd prize! Whoo! If the winner were to "disappear" by ... accident, say... would i get first?



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at October 18, 2005 7:33 pm  :

Cheers for that, Sat.

And the exciting news...

Today we've received the CD from our unofficial official photographers.

That's 715 digital images shot by a professional photographer, gratis.

I'm gonna have some problems cutting those down for the WeddingPath album, but I'll mark the occasion here when I eventually get round to it.

There'll be much improvement on the ones already there. Nice & clear, no thumbs, some ingenious camera angles... much of it even better than our (already good) official ones (currently being processed).

Yip yip yip!

PS Glad you liked your prize for the Clutterbuck competition. Nothing for second place, not in this game, though if there were then Billy's already claimed it.



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at October 22, 2005 5:52 pm  :

Aw - they are beautiful piccies!

And you look just how I thought you did.

Which is meant as a compliment...



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at October 25, 2005 7:44 pm  :

(sob), thank you Birdy! (grins)


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Plumbing the depths
KMFGG
Like a kick in the plumbs
The weekend in pictures
Desperate marketing?
Bodger and Bazzer
Lineker eyes
"And its goodnight from him"
Results of the Clutterbuck Computer Challenge Cup
Celebrity Spot

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.