Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, November 02, 2006 ]

Scarf Fever
Starbuck [18:07] Comments: 8 []
 

Now that cold weather is sweeping the UK, I've taken to wearing a scarf at work. It's causing me grief.

If its not concerned people asking me whether I'm "feeling OK", its people thinking its some sort of dubious fashion statement.

[adopts theatrical articulation] Don't these people realise that its NICE to wear a piece of cloth around one's neck when its chilly...


8 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at November 02, 2006 7:25 pm  :

Scarves are cool. Not too woolly though...



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at November 02, 2006 9:47 pm  :

Uhm.. Are you a lifeguard?



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at November 03, 2006 10:11 am  :

Heh, I see what you mean. I think. But no. And I don't wear Lifeguard either. But am I a stand-up comic turned TV presenter with whom the British tabloids have an unhealthy fixation? Perhaps...



Comment by Blogger Aiden Truss, at November 03, 2006 9:47 pm  :

Now if someone would just pull that one tight around Russell Brand's neck...very, very tight!
:b



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at November 04, 2006 12:37 am  :

i looooove wearing a scarf in winter. am a bit peeved that our winter was way too mild this year and only wore my lovely scarf once. even so, i hardly needed it that day but i just had to wear it.



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at November 04, 2006 6:11 pm  :

I used to have a silvery silky one that I purchased in a Jumble Sale and used to tug it (the scarf I mean) like I was Nobody's Ghost!



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at November 06, 2006 11:05 am  :

THIS Nobody's Ghost? Starring No Place Like Home's William Gaunt? Man, you must have a long memory...

I don't even know what these words I'm writing are all about, and that's saying something!

Incidentally, the title at the top was "Scarf Fever" because I thought it sounded a bit like some tropical disease. Having now internetted this up, the word I was thinking of was Swarfega, the heavy-duty hand cleaner. Oops.



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at November 19, 2006 12:25 pm  :

Yeah. Him.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Helloween
This is a low
I've never been so insulted in all my life!
Torchwood - new series
Soundalikes
Thinly veiled hypocrisy
The three things I don't like about Spooks are...
Got the painters in
Ricky Gervais will eat himself
Internal jukebox update

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.