Viper Squad Ten

[ Monday, August 25, 2003 ]


Starbuck [13:03] Comments: 0 []
 
I see that Tam (of the premiere Kiwi blog Tam I Am) has got a fantabulous new look to her site. Very pure, very uncluttered. And the design that was replaced was pretty fracking lovely already. This all makes me face up to the fact: The Viper Squad Ten blog might be looking a little rough around the edges.

No, scrub that, it's a retro look. Yes, that's it. Old school. Brand new your retro. Chic in the way that the visual interface of an ancient mainframe might be considered chic. The use of a pre-designed basic Blogger template, the code tinkered with here and there chiefly by guesswork rather than by elaborate design, has created a tattered but functional look, so as to visually portray in HTML the state of my mind. Yeah, that'll do. I've allowed it to evolve to reflect my persona. It's nothing to do with me being lazy, stylistically stunted, and a coding ignoramus. No. Not at all.

Though, just for the fun of it of course, I may have to ask DJ Tim to apply his coding genius to test out an alternative template sometime. Just to see what it would look like. Not that I would want to use it. And not because I am heartily sick of the black-background-orange-headers-weird-background monstrosity that I am currently polluting the internet with. Oh no...

Post-script sort of thing

Moments after publishing this post, I've just found the following email from DJ Tim lurking amongst my junk mail: I had a look at the HTML code of your blog and I think the reason the highlight mess up is to do with the whole template design which is done using Absolute Positioning. This is not a good way to write HTML since you run into lots of problems like this. You should employ someone to write you a better one!!! And get rid of the picture of a Golf ball!!!!!!!!!!Ahhhhhh!
My going rate is two pints of beer. Tim.


Two pints of beer. That's one less than Teletext pay him. Bargain! Maybe I should ask him to rewrite it identically but without this "absolute positioning", whatever that may be (apart from a way of preventing easy highlighting of blocks of text). As for the golf ball, that's an image of one of my old satellite-homes. Have some respect, man!


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Sitcoms. I love them. And especially British sitco...
I love the Japanese. Not wanting to make any sweep...
It's a strange feeling having shifted my butt back...
There's an article in Iraq Today for any of us of ...
Snapped out of my web apathy by a wave of electron...
After a seemingly endless wait following submissio...
As a bit of a Francophile with limited vocabulary,...
The geezers at Google (google-geezers?) just keep ...
New to the blogroll, and chanced upon in the "rece...
Further to my earlier post about the joys of livin...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.