Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, October 21, 2004 ]

Starbie Goes Bananas
Starbuck [20:53] Comments: 0 []
 
As I wrote earlier, its been very windy today. And reflecting on this has just led my stream of consciousness onto John Wyndham (do you see what it did there?!) And when I think of John Wyndham, I think of the terrifying (at the time) BBC TV adaption of The Day Of The Triffids, which fret me up big-time as a child. Walking plants taking over a blinded nation, killing on instinct - scary! And thinking of The Day Of The Triffids got me thinking about my father-in-law-to-be's garden.

He claims to have grown a banana tree, heavily-laden with flower and fruit, slap bang in the middle of Warwickshire. I've never believed him. I believe that he's somehow tamed a Triffid. (Or one of those plants out of the Super Mario games!)

Evidence here (click to zoom):


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Wind it up
Viz a v
T.gif
Musical youth
Mr & Mrs
Set adrift on memory bliss
Friday funnies
Deya-cide
Cinema chavadiso
Work-day timer update

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.