Viper Squad Ten

[ Tuesday, October 05, 2004 ]

Deya-cide
Starbuck [22:13] Comments: 4 []
 
Its hardly breaking news, but I just wanted to get this off my chest.

You may have recently heard in the news about the evangelical preacher Gilbert Deya. He's the one whose claims to help infertile couples in his congregation have "miracle babies" have been slightly eroded by allegations that he's at the centre of a child-trafficking racket from Kenya; these babies seem to be undetectable in tests until either the holy spirit beams them down to the mother's external undercarriage, or until Mr Deya's cronies smuggle them in by stork.

I may sound sceptical, but seriously, it must be true - there's independent support of the phenomenon by a professional midwife on Archbishop Deya's website (just be wary of clicking-through, 'cos the Bish's gif will point and shout silently from the site, seemingly about to leap abroad his pictured private plane in order to shout at you some more IN PERSON!)

Maybe "independent" is the wrong word. As she says...
"I have been a member of Gilbert Deya Ministries for more than 7 years... This particular woman, Edith Ezedom, has been a faithful member to our Ministry. I witnessed her attending 3am and deliverance services apart from the main services. She was also a fully devoted choir member. I witnessed her protruded abdomen, and at her age I have never seen a woman with fibroids of such proportion. Therefore, this was a clear indication to me that she was pregnant"
Yup, a professional midwife then.
"When I heard she had given birth in Kenya it was not a surprise to me. It was publicly announced on the platform that the baby could not be detected by the scan that is why she travelled to Nairobi-Kenya to seek a second opinion from the doctors... It is amazing how God is using Archbishop Gilbert Deya and Mrs Mary Deya to do miracles in Jesus? name and yet the scan and Obstetricians could not detect this. Now this has made me to believe that these are miracles because scans and obstetricians were not able to detect the babies when these women went to the Hospital."
Well, I may no longer be a true scientist, but I take it back, you can't really argue with that. Maybe its just coincedental that Deya's wife has also been charged with the theft of a baby from hospital.

You may have also seen his broadcasts on satellite or cable television, where he does the whole ludicrous (IMHO) shouting at the congregation thing until they fall over in rapture (or morning sickness?)

You may even vaguely remember some news story about hate preaching against all the usual suspects (homosexuality, living in sin etc); in trying to unearth that on Google, I instead came across this marvellously badly-written article apparently by John Casey, General Secretary of Gilbert Deya Ministries, in which he states that "we swerve a living God"! The author(s) states in the last paragraph (in an rare moment of out-of-place eloquence) that:
"The ministries have managed to change the heart of some evil British people to Christianity while the Church of Methodist are now closing down for lack of members, the Church of England are selling their premises to Muslims, supermarkets and to pubs and bars, and they are fully busy in their Gay administration."
Enough said.

I have a reason for this unhealthy interest in Gilbert Deya Ministries. Whilst I lived in London we had a similar telephone number to their London branch, and every time a caller incorrectly used "0207" rather than "020" as the regional dialing code (as Londoners tend to do) they would get through to us.

And they were never put off by my cheery answer-machine message - "Hello, G and A can't take your call right now, so please leave a message and we'll get back to you". These poor desperate-sounding brainwashed people would still mumble on about needing to speak to the Pastor. The phone would ring and you knew it was a 50:50 chance that you would end up having a heartbreaking conversation trying to help someone to contact someone who you knew would do them no good at all, trying to explain that they should ring 020 7358 0303 rather than 0207 7etc, only for them to call you back time and again straight after.

It was heartbreaking hearing the sound of their vulnerability, but I felt that I should at least be as helpful and friendly as I could, despite my polar-opposite beliefs - that's just my nature. If I'd have known what I know now I'd have been a whole lot more obstructive.



Nope, I have learnt that the only one good Gilbert in this world.


Gilbert

The

Alien

Don't say you don't remember him...


4 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at November 28, 2005 7:14 pm  :

Yay!

Thanks for pointing me that way...

Gilbert was the greatest!



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at December 14, 2006 4:30 pm  :

Gilbert deya ministries should be closed down, they are a cult, they do not preach a Gospel of love and acceptance, but of greed and hatred, they damage and mislead people, stay away, i know from personal experience



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at December 20, 2006 10:56 am  :

Sorry to hear of your experiences.

Its scary when you see these things firsthand.

Although a life-long unbeliever, I was once involved with someone who used to attend a Christadelphian church, more as a youth-club thing rather than as a religious thing, but still. Listening to the brainwarping untruths that they'd peddle week in week out, seeing the use of fear to instill their doctrine, and seeing how the unchallengable belief in the imminent apocalypse was the key factor that threaded through their whole evangelical teaching, the whole thing was very scary.

It made me realise that this sort of thing must be challenged whenever possible, in an appropriate manner of course. I'm not challenging people's own beliefs of course, its when other humans become involved that it can get dangerous...



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at December 08, 2016 4:11 am  :

Gilbert Deya and his people are dangerous. I say this from personal experience. I lost my career, money and my health. people tried to control my life inc. trying to get me married etc.

Stay away from them. They don't preach a gospel of love or acceptance. They want to break you down, then build you up, become estranged from everyone else. They want you to become extremely vulnerable to them and dependent on them, like cults and abusive people do.

Seek God for yourself and test everything pastors etc say and preach.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Cinema chavadiso
Work-day timer update
# SLAVE SCREAMS... #
# In no man's TV-Land #
CBS news
"I want to be a tree"
Shoot em all up
#Here comes the lard, short fat and wide#
Flash Flash Revolution; Kemp
# Stu's getting married in the morning #

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.