Viper Squad Ten

[ Sunday, December 12, 2004 ]

T 4 2
Starbuck [15:26] Comments: 0 []
 


I received an unusual email some time back:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I run a website about Mr T, which is becoming increasingly popular among the Mr T community. I noticed that you had linked to mrtvseverything.com on your site. Mr T fans love Mr T vs everything pages, but unfortunately they cannot find much information about Mr T on those sites.

My site aims to bring Mr T fans every piece of information they could possibly need. Therefore, I was hoping that you would link to my site alongside Mr T vs everything to help Mr T's fans learn more about him

I've already linked to your site and am updating the links page to many other sites, both Mr T sites and others. Your link be found, by tomorrow, at:
http://t.weve-got.com/links.html

I believe that Mr T's loyal fans deserve access to as much information about Mr T as possible. Therefore, I'd be pleased if you linked back to mine.

If you have any further suggestions or comments, such as more exposure on the site, please do not hesitate to email me.

Regards, Ian Copeland
http://t.weve-got.com
"It is truly a cerazy world" I mumbled to myself without actually using my mouth. I stumbled blindly around the site (the linked to page at http://t.weve-got.com/links.html being "under construction"), before realising that my ineptitude was being further magnified by the navigation interface not being Firefox-friendly. And lo and behold, there VSX was on the "Mr T fansites" page.

I'll forgive them for referring to the blog by the wrong name - the only reason that "Fat City Arizona" is a part of my URL is that the blog was set up during a notoriously dicey era during Blogger's history. Just getting VSX created in the first place took most of an evening, and connection problems with the site misled me into believing that "vipersquadten" had spookily already been snapped up as a Blogspot URL (I thought in my foolishness that hundreds of thousands of different word combinations had been reserved by enterprising Blog-parasites); Fat City Arizona was also a notoriously juvenile and rude little ditty by my previous band, Dieticians Featuring Fat, something of a classic that I'd like to think inspired the Red Hot Chilli Peppers' "Blood Sugar Sex Magick" even more than even P-Funk did.

But I digress. My site apparently contains "good stories and links to other blogs", so now you know, and I'll forgive them any oversight.

It got me thinking that it'd be fun to T'inating VSX one last time. So imagine my shock and horror (note:exageration) to find that the T'inator site no longer seems to exist anywhere on the web. So if anyone knows where this marvellous collection of web filters are hiding then please let me know.

My investigations led me to Snoop Dogg's Shizzolator, but it's just not the same. Fool. However I'm quite won over by the skinhead and Cockney versions of VSX as provided by the Universal Translator...

COVERING STATEMENT The above piece of writing was composed under the influence of alcohol in the early hours of this morning, however the author failed to click on the correct button to publish it. Its quality or lack of does not necessarily represent the standards normally expected from the author at half past three on a quiet Sunday afternoon.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Xcrement Factor
I can see them watching me
Camera obscura
Wrong season's greetings
To chav and to hold
Always greener
XXX-mas
Lost raiders
Starbuck see, Monkey do
Nothing Toulouse

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.