Viper Squad Ten

[ Wednesday, April 13, 2005 ]

The general election
Starbuck [23:28] Comments: 2 []
 
I'd been hoping against hope that Blair would call the election whilst I was on honeymoon, but alas, it looks like I'll have to vote. It's going to be a tricky one - I'm one of those many people who would normally want to vote Labour but who will have a massive problem voting for their "top dog" after he's dragged the party kicking and screaming after some bitch-dog in heat. (Though that's not a very nice thing to say about Maggie). I'll just have to look at the situation locally - wherever I cast my vote I can't be helping the "Other Side" in, with all that they represent for a lot of people.

Though maybe Tony's toying with the rules of democracy has been a godsend for me. Maybe I've seen the light, maybe I should just go with my convictions. And if happens to be the opposite of what "The Sun says" then I must be doing something right.

And thanks to the "Who Should You Vote For" quiz (spotted at CyberSatan, And Then He Said amongst others), my convictions have been confirmed (despite most of the reasons in the accompanying blurb below being about stuff that I answered neutrally about):
Who Should You Vote For?

Who should I vote for?

Your expected outcome:

Labour

Your actual outcome:


Labour -9
Conservative -21
Liberal Democrat 30
UK Independence Party -1
Green 12

You should vote: Liberal Democrat

The LibDems take a strong stand against tax cuts and a strong one in favour of public services: they would make long-term residential care for the elderly free across the UK, and scrap university tuition fees. They are in favour of a ban on smoking in public places, but would relax laws on cannabis. They propose to change vehicle taxation to be based on usage rather than ownership.

But don't listen to them. Make up your own bleedin' mind. That's democracy. But jsut don't believe - don't feel - what anyone wants you to. Everyone's manipulating... even me...

14 April Update: Oh, I forgot to mention, I promise that this will be my last post about the General Election until 2009. Hopefully.


2 Comment(s):


Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at April 14, 2005 12:52 am  :

Yay! Join the club, victory will be ours :o)



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at April 14, 2005 7:55 pm  :

Yes. Possibly. Though probably not.

I fracking HATE election-time...

Too much responsibility. Not enough respect.

That said, Respect...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

A boring post about my computer
Unaccustomed as I am to writing bridesgroom speech...
My wedding's in safe hands
Move along please
Catholic guilt
Music for the hopefully-not-jilted-at-the-altar ge...
An overheard snippet of conversation
"This is why we do it"
Vexination
Who lot

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.