Viper Squad Ten

[ Sunday, April 10, 2005 ]

Unaccustomed as I am to writing bridesgroom speeches...
Starbuck [12:15] Comments: 4 []
 
... the "intensive" speech-writing session didn't exactly go as planned yesterday. I thought I'd seek out inspiration for a few throwaway funnies on some wedding websites. It was like I'd heard every speech several times over, all of these standard cut-and-paste sections shuffled together. I had quite a déjà vu crisis!

I guess it didn't help that I started in earnest sometime after nine o'clock last night. No, wait - "starting in Ernest" - I could use that! Heh. Hmmm.

Thanks to Saturnyne for his speechwriting help. I've worked your suggestions in - "I saw her standing across the room, beautiful like a tap, and before we knew it we were dancing like otters..."


4 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger The Saturnyne, at April 12, 2005 3:49 pm  :

Yup, that works for me.

Should be a great speech!

Heh!
S.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at April 12, 2005 5:57 pm  :

I struggled to get your "chutney spanner" suggestion in, however.



Comment by Blogger The Saturnyne, at April 13, 2005 1:17 am  :

Hmm... "wild like a chutney spanner"?

"As disgusting as a chutney spanner"?? (Which would be true)

Aww, i almost wish i could come and watch!

S.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at April 13, 2005 10:22 pm  :

Sir, you and your chutney spanner are causing me distersions...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

My wedding's in safe hands
Move along please
Catholic guilt
Music for the hopefully-not-jilted-at-the-altar ge...
An overheard snippet of conversation
"This is why we do it"
Vexination
Who lot
Incoming
Google Gulp

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.