Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, September 22, 2005 ]

A first for everything
Starbuck [19:31] Comments: 3 []
 
I texted a radio station for the first ever time this morning. Not to hear my name on the radio - I was walking from my car to my workplace at the time. Just for the pleasure of it.

It was to the Chris Moyles Show.

It was a breakthrough experience. The last time I contacted a radio show was an email to Mark Goodier a decade back (when BBC email contactability was in its infancy).

And the content of my text?
MOYLES LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL CULT.
I even spelt KULT incorrectly! You had to be there.


3 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Aiden Truss, at September 23, 2005 10:29 am  :

Shouldn't that have been - 'The thrill of ending Moyles' life - the Kunt!'?
:b



Comment by Blogger Stuart, at September 23, 2005 7:10 pm  :

I texted XFM once because they were asking for gig reviews (er, big shock that). I had seen the Beta Band the week before and they were terrible and I relayed that in my text. I didn't hear it get read out but the people I had gone with did. Shortly afterwards the Beta Band split up. You do the math.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at September 26, 2005 1:54 pm  :

But I like Chris Moyles (not enough to call him "Moylesy")!

Hope he won't texipre now...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Computing hysteria
Retrearbution
Jerry Springer The Opera. Again.
Descender
Snotsalgia
Google Short Message Service
Picture request
Google Blog Search
Young Ones
Crisp update

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.