Viper Squad Ten

[ Monday, September 19, 2005 ]

Snotsalgia
Starbuck [13:15] Comments: 4 []
 
I've been suffering from a bit of a cold the last couple of days.

And its great!

I am so very rarely ill that I find myself getting nostalgic for past times that I've experienced similar symptoms.

One of my happiest memories - bed-ridden at University - was the only time I've been struck down with flu; I somehow dragged myself to the pub for some celebration or other, and sat there shivvering like a transgenic mouse, utterly unable to imbibe.

(Another good memory that I'm happy to not have repeated, however - sitting on my knees, playing my very first demo of Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation, body dry and powdery from endless therapeutic salt-baths, unable to sit down due to the unstoppable flow from a pilonidal cyst... but you probably don't want to know about that).

But with a cold, I find it kind of exhilerating as I feel my body pulling out all the stops - that woozy fuzziness-of-being as the immune response becomes liminal.

And being such a rare sickboy, and not that I'm exactly lacking in this department from my ever-loving wife, I must admit to enjoying the extra care and attention that I get...


4 Comment(s):


Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at September 21, 2005 1:20 pm  :

Snotalgia isn't what it used to bogie!



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at September 21, 2005 1:31 pm  :

Lord give me strength...



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at September 25, 2005 2:53 pm  :

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-OGIEEEEE!

Six-point-four
                                   Eh?



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at September 26, 2005 1:55 pm  :

Bring 'em back to 1!


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Google Short Message Service
Picture request
Google Blog Search
Young Ones
Crisp update
Flamin' Galah!
GGYGGZ
"Should've gone to Specsavers"
What do they know?
Proxy Music

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.