Viper Squad Ten

[ Wednesday, May 03, 2006 ]

Our anniversary presents itself
Starbuck [17:42] Comments: 7 []
 
Me and my big mouth!

With our first wedding anniversary imminent I'd dreamt up a mischievous plan to mislead Mrs Powersurge about what anniversary gift I am actually going to give her.

The intention was to write "in secret" on this blog about what I had bought for her, knowing that she very very occasionally takes a look at VSX to see what rubbish I've been spouting.

I was then going to put something in the Comments section explaining to anyone who'd bother to read it (but hopefully not Mrs P) that it was all just a Machiavellian scheme cooked up as a smokescreen to raise (or lower) expectations.

However I got so excited about the thought of all this that I promptly went and told her about it. Ooops!

Sometimes I just find it too hard to keep from Stabucketta exciting secrets such as presents - I just want to share it right away!

For example, I've twice this week had to stop myself telling her about when I was in the showroom at the weekend getting her present. I told the car saleswoman that the present was for our anniversary, and she got all quite teary about it, telling me that her husband of forty years had died at Christmas... but that my own wife would absolutely love the gift... and all that time I was hoping that no-one I knew would walk past...


7 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at May 04, 2006 9:56 pm  :

yeah! happy anniversary the starbucks. it was my parents 49th anniversary yesterday. i hope yours lasts as long (or longer!)



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at May 05, 2006 11:30 am  :

Cheers, threed.

SP



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at May 05, 2006 11:31 am  :

PS not true about it being a car showroom!



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at May 07, 2006 3:06 pm  :

Happy Anniversary! Can't believe its a year already!

So what'd you get her then?



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at May 07, 2006 11:24 pm  :

Can of Diet Coke (I used to drink a lot of Diet Coke when we first got together), a nice necklace (interlinked hearts - ahh!), and a set of ear-rings (again quite hearty!)



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at May 08, 2006 12:18 pm  :

Oh they sound lovely. I've got some similar bits and pieces.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at May 08, 2006 7:07 pm  :

Cans of coke and that?


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Lost about the Hanso Foundation
This is a low. Nearly.
David Hasselhoff "Hooked on a Feeling" video
Nintendo smells of wii
UKIP party election broadcast
Dara O'Briain 2006 tour live review
Muthaflickrn Pro
Heavy metal poetry
Collage of light
# Hush your mouth, this sound is when I spit it out #

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.