Viper Squad Ten

[ Wednesday, March 28, 2007 ]

Castaway 2007
Starbuck [17:57] Comments: 5 []
 
My regular reader will know that I'm a sucker for most "reality gameshow" experiences. Touch The Truck, Big Brother, The Farm, Celebrities In The Jungle, Back to Reality, I get sucked in by them all. Anything as long as it isn't hosted by Patrick Kielty.

In my (possible quite temporary) opinion Castaway 2007 is the finest of the lot. I'm not so bothered about the weekly BBC1 show to be honest (its mostly stuff I've seen elsewhere), but I love Richard Bacon's Sunday night Castaway Exposed show on BBC3 (Bacon: the most underrated and adaptable presenter on the box, despite his stupid shit-eating grin), I avidly soak up the daily BBC3 show with the wonderful Danny Wallace (in the more casual BBC3 format proving himself to be double the entertainment value that even two Ant's and Dec's would be worth if put together, whatever the hell that means), and I even press my red button every day for the even more casual red-button special episode!

So how come nobody's watching it?

Or rather, 2.1 million on BBC1, 58000 on BBC3, and probably just me on the red button?

I just don't get it. What's needed right now is heavy promotion of the fun BBC3 offerings, not the knee-jerk reaction of shifting the package around the scheduling high seas...


5 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Aiden Truss, at March 29, 2007 9:44 am  :

I still can't get my head around the interest that people have in reality shows...

I mean it's bad enough having to share space with sociopaths in every day life without getting home to watch more of them.

Still, maybe the freefalling figures for Castaway and its ilk show that people are finally getting tired of it all?



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at March 29, 2007 10:59 am  :

So Mrs Astolath hasn't dragged you into this one...!

I was going to write that "for me its because I have an interest in people", but that would make me sound like a commissioning editor's wet dream, as well as an utter wanker.

I also like to cruelly laugh at people I'll never meet - plenty of fodder for running jokes. Again, an utter wanker!

And talking of utter wankers, good to see The Apprentice back on our screens...



Comment by Blogger Aiden Truss, at March 29, 2007 2:59 pm  :

Mmmh, funny you should mention wankers on The Apprentice - you've echoed my very own thoughts today.
:)



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at April 14, 2007 10:15 pm  :

Is that one of Miss Donohoe's thr'penny bit's showing?

You've gone up in my estimation.

Well done.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at April 16, 2007 7:45 pm  :

Ha, yes! Snuck it in there...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

The Root of All Emptiness?
A Den of Iniquity
Dream Theatre
Starbuck's 29 most interesting photos according to...
I've entered Garth Merenghi's dark place... and I ...
Tabloid attention
Shaggy Blog Stories
Rod Hull and Emusical jokes
Welcome To The World
Litterbuggers

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.