Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, June 13, 2003 ]


Starbuck [21:03] Comments: 0 []
 
I've received some feedback from a couple of people about the stream of unconciousness that spews out of my fingers onto this site.

My very good friend Andy from Bristol - a physicist by birth - was asking why I didn't have any decent web links like MathPages.com or Hunkin's Experiments... My god, that man is way too asymptosical. Or something. Actually, some of MathPages.com could turn out to be quite interesting, even if most of it means bugger all to me. Got to fulfull those nerd tendancies somehow. And if not, at least it's got a a bizarrely out-of-place MIDI music page. Hunkin's Experiments looks to be a lot more useful. As the blurb say, "Cool cartoons that will have you experimenting with food, light, sound, clothes, and a whole lot more!"

Ah, thinking of Bristol makes me realise how much I miss it. Such a peacful, wonderful place. Especially on a beautifully sunny day such as today (although you don't get many of those down that way)
And how much I'll likewise miss London when I move back to the Midlands later in the year to be with my girlfriend. But then, I miss her even more...

Anyway, enough wistful thoughts.

I Received another email, this time from Stu, after postcarding him to this post. As I'm big enough to admit that other people often differ in their opinions from me (and are therefore wrong), I'll paste his email below:
"Thank you! I’m touched! It’s 9.31am and me and my boss are listening to This Corrosion – God this song rocks like a mutha, and rocks like no other! I’d forgotten the crap rap at the end! I’ve bled all I can I’m can’t bleed no more… ace.

Good blog action, although I’m still not wholly convinced of this medium’s usefulness. But I got a mention, so what do I care?

I don’t like the description of the Blur album. It’s not that good, dammit! And neither is Radiohead. If you want absolutely beautiful melodies and songs that make you want to cry in a good way, get the new Grandaddy album, Sumday. Or even better the last one, Sophtware Slump, which will be more up your street as it’s got a really sad song about a robot on it. PS although I only ever heard about it from you after the event and was never involved, Dieticians featuring Fat is still very funny. PPS ExistenZ is rubbish. You diss the man, but you’re second to Knowles for raving about mediocrity!"


First of all, The Sisters Of Mercy's This Corrosion. Top song, true, and I must try and get a copy of Floodland again. However, Lucretia My Reflection doesn't just rock like a mutha, but it rocks like a Noisy Mutha - the best. (Interesting pre-GulfWar2 interview with the Sisters' Andrew Eldritch on George W Bush and his so called War On Terror on their website, by the way. Though I'm way too shallow and/or hungry to read it properly right now.)

I very much disagree with Stu's opinion on Think Tank (we also big-time disagree on 13, which I reckon is one of the best albums of all time.) And I'll have to reserve judgement on Radiohead's Hail To The Thief, which I bought a few days ago along with Massive Attack's 100th Window; both of which I'm very much looking forward to delving deeply into, even if I've not found the time to concentrate my focus on as yet. They sound good on first listen, however. (And Massive's website is a stunning multimedia marvel, once you've learnt how to navigate round it properly, and worked out the best command-line prompts. Been spending alot of time in the area where you can mix together your own tracks by progressing the different images on screen, knocking together Aphex Twin-style ambient masterpieces on the fly. But my PC is now going slightly crazy, as I've got windows from loads of different sites all playing their own thing - The Massive Attack stuff, and Radiohead Television is playing some cheesy test-card music, announcing that programming starts in 22 minutes, and Warp records is bleeping and buzzing away, and my TV is on in the corner, and it's all DRIVING ME MAD!

Anyway, the main reason for pasting Stu's email, was to bring attention to his comment that "Dieticians featuring Fat is still very funny". So there you go, anyone just surfing by. Dieticians Featuring Fat - top comedy band. Viper Squad Ten - top slightly-less-comedic-but-more-musically-sophisticated band. Covers all bases.

And Hormone Hell. A film that Peter Jackson might have made in his early career. If my old BT-friend Douglas Elford-Argent can get his film The Fast Life on the market, we can manage with the Hell.

Send me your money, and you can join the cult of the enlightened.

I will have to fill in more details on these ground-breaking projects in future posts. Spread the word.

That's enough by a long way for one post. There's a bottle of wine with my name on it, and I want to make it's acquaintance.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Car alarms I can deal with - with your pillow wrap...
Just thinking, whilst replying to Matt's Matrix-re...
Am I a nerd? Am I a geek? Is the fact that I check...
Not gonna get stuck on working out this damn Matri...
More late night Reloaded discussion surfing, when ...
Back in England after a very relaxing week and a b...
Chucked the code from Stephen Downes' website into...
Woah! To paraphrase Keanu's defining acting moment...
X-Men 2. Just caught it. A most enjoyable 133 minu...
God, how come London's got so bleedin' cold again....

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.