Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, June 12, 2003 ]


Starbuck [19:30] Comments: 0 []
 
Am I a nerd? Am I a geek?
Is the fact that I check The Register and Slashdot most days (even though I don't understand half of it alof of the time) a sign that I'm badly in need of more active personality? Or just that I'm badly in need of more exciting websites?
Or am I some horrible Streets style wannabe? Or just some horrible amalgum of the two?

Whatever, the nerd side is winning through, as I get all excited about Qualys' Browser Check. Most interesting. A nice way of quickly looking for basic browser insecurities. Got very geekily caught up late last night with yesterday's Adaware reference update as well. Spent way too long googling and searching the Lavasoft forums, checking the background for some IGetNet object in the registry which came up as a Data Miner; as hoped, it turned out to be a spyware false positive, and has now been removed from todays ref file. Yawn. The one positive/negative aspect is, I've seen that there's a wealth of good advice going on in their forums.

Like I care. (breaking open a beer) Computers are boring, they do boring things, they are created by suits to fill their pockets with their shoddy (soft)wares, the net is propped up by wide-boy companies doing things with your data and your lives that your unaware of.

(Downloading my emails) Or maybe I'm kidding myself. Perhaps I want to be suffused in data. Perhaps I want the digital to merge with my neurochemical. Maybe I want the ultrastructures and inter-connectivities of computers and their space to reach such a level of complexity that I can merge metaphysically with them into one confused unit.

Or maybe I just like talking bollox.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Not gonna get stuck on working out this damn Matri...
More late night Reloaded discussion surfing, when ...
Back in England after a very relaxing week and a b...
Chucked the code from Stephen Downes' website into...
Woah! To paraphrase Keanu's defining acting moment...
X-Men 2. Just caught it. A most enjoyable 133 minu...
God, how come London's got so bleedin' cold again....
(picking lime-scale from the kettle-heated-bath ou...
Thinking about Hormone Hell, one of these days we'...
Finally saw Adaptation, after many months of not h...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.