Viper Squad Ten

[ Wednesday, May 28, 2003 ]


Starbuck [23:56] Comments: 0 []
 
Woah! To paraphrase Keanu's defining acting moment.
Matrix Reloaded. Fracking incredible. I'd heard the bad reviews. Though a critic is the same as any other individual, only with a potentially smelly outlet. I'd read a terrible review just before in the Metro by someone called Fiona Morrow. She didn't seem to enjoy it. Then again, she didn't seem to have been paying attention, either to the film in hand or its prequel - she called Keanu Reeve's character Nero. Not Neo. And don't get me started on that publicity-seeking git Harry Knowles' factually-inaccurate review. But reviews in the Guardian and the Mirror buoyed up my hope, as did my fellow Dietician Rich's report.

And what an experience. Stunning. The action elicited audible gasps and applause from the usually restrained London cinema crowd. It made me flinch at times as if it was a 3D IMAX presentation jumping out at me. Add a twisting and turning story arc, which has got me rethinking the previous film and pondering the possibilities and probabilities of what's going on under the surface of the series, and I am so absolutely desperate for Revolutions to arrive. I've not been stuck in constant thought about a film for a long time. Stuff like Fight Club, one of my favourite films ever, bears up to much repeated viewing, but when you know what is actually happening, its a case of just spotting the clues. Other films that have left me thinking, eXistenZ, 12 Monkeys, also. Matrix is still unresolved. (Just noticed, all these films are very video-game-ic. Mis-spent youth.)

Other stuff. This week, I have mostly been listening to Blur's Think Tank and Chemical Brothers' Come With Us. Both stunning. The former a spaceous, breathy, soulful masterpiece, the latter a stomping, neon-sharp, cut and paste, pumping construction of electronic beauty. Or something.

Christ, it's nearly midnight. I've been sitting here for hours, brain in a state of near shut-down, absent mindedly hitting a key every now and then whenever a synaptic cascade falls through. Must log out.
Thinking of the future.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

X-Men 2. Just caught it. A most enjoyable 133 minu...
God, how come London's got so bleedin' cold again....
(picking lime-scale from the kettle-heated-bath ou...
Thinking about Hormone Hell, one of these days we'...
Finally saw Adaptation, after many months of not h...
Monday evening. Made physical contact with Aardvar...
Stardate summat summat summat, watching Star frack...
Watching Animal Park on the telly. It's theme tune...
Toys R Us was a revelation. A stunning emporium of...
I have hopefully now managed to make direct contac...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.