Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, August 14, 2003 ]


Starbuck [02:04] Comments: 0 []
 
I am now back at home, after a grrrrrrrr8 evening with my friends in London celebrating/commiserating (depending on my position in their friendship-index) my imminent departure from this conurbation formerly known as Londinium. A really good night's catching up with everyone in a lager-ish capacity.

Not wanting to sound too much like DJ Tim in late-night-inebriated-blogging-shocker, I will so much miss my bunch of friends down here. I love them all so dearly. They are all incredibly special; they facilitated my move to this city, they tempted/persuaded me down here in the first place, and made it all so worthwhile. And it has changed my life so much for the better; it has put me on a whole new plane of eXistenZ, it has rescued me from a difficult hole, it has given me hope and self-belief, and it has shown me how things should be in my life. And most of all, it's been fun.

In different ways they have each built up my self-construct into what it is today, but to all I am eternally grateful. I wouldn't be here like this without them. And I always want to be there for them as well.

And it's not as if I'm never going to see them again. Far from it.

But to have them there tonight, and to share such warmth, even though I (for one) am not always the most expressive man alive, was so valuable for me (cue everyone predictably saying, "but Andy, you are just soooo empathic." . As someone who perhaps doesn't enjoy indirect-interaction (e.g. the common telephone) that much, I will so miss having them so close at hand.

I know them all so deeply and closely, but it still makes me wish that I'd mined the depths of their friendship (to use a shite synonym, if that is the right word (unlikely)) so much more when they'd been so (physically) near. Unless that would drive them batty.

But enough of this tipsy guff, loves. This move needs to be done right now; my friends will always be there, but I've been assured that my love for my love demands close attention too. And she certainly deserves it.


By the way, in referral to Stu's earlier question, no, I've not seen T3 yet, though I did see some bloke selling the DVD on Regent Street for £6.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

DJ Tim sends posts a blog in day light hours shock...
News just in that Arnold Schwarzenegger's films ma...
Just dipped into B3ta.com, to find an electronic c...
WATCH THIS STARBUCK'S NOTE: I included a link to ...
Any IE-using Blogger users like me who were wonder...
It's funny what you stumble across when you're loo...
Talking to a friend tonight about problematic pop-...
Reading on BBCi about the first successful Flash M...
(shiver) Just seen Stir of Echoes on the telly, wh...
(choke choke cough) Just arrived back in the hot o...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.