Viper Squad Ten

[ Tuesday, August 12, 2003 ]


Starbuck [00:22] Comments: 0 []
 
It's funny what you stumble across when you're looking at other things on the internet. How things so often come back to your own life's trail.

Grafiti-artist maestro Banksy used to touch upon a lot of my life in Bristol. Every street seemed to have evidence of his work. And they were individual works of art. They would snap me out of my self-enclosed mental prison; their subversive incisiveness, their occasional sharp beauty, the way they summed up whole ideologies of thinking in one stencilled masterpiece, the way they highlighted the reality of existing in this country of ours. Some intricate, some simple. I've only chanced upon a few Banksies since I've been in London, but after coming across his website I'm burning up on nostalgia.

Or maybe I'm just drunk.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Talking to a friend tonight about problematic pop-...
Reading on BBCi about the first successful Flash M...
(shiver) Just seen Stir of Echoes on the telly, wh...
(choke choke cough) Just arrived back in the hot o...
I don't mean to constantly snipe (well, okay, i do...
This is bloody funny. EDITOR'S WARNING: VERY STR...
News that Arnold Schwarzenegger is to run as a Rep...
In further blogging news, another rarified entry t...
I saw some of these laverly ironic Patriotic Poste...
Enough of your Think Tank dissing, Richards. It's ...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.