Viper Squad Ten

[ Monday, February 28, 2005 ]

Manic monday
Starbuck [17:23] Comments: 5 []
 
Work up with a jump at 07:00, Monday morning melancholy spiked by the realisation that, although I'd left both my tie and my work shoes at home, my body itself did not happen to be at home. It was to be a day of hiding my dirty trainers under the desk.

Not only that, but a hectic work day also, trying to catch up on things I'd earmarked for last week, last month, last year.

That part of the day now draws to a close, thankfully curtailed by a prescheduled engagement at the local swimming pool, where I am due to get unduly irritated by gits doing the crawl - watch as they wind up their lower limbs, put their blindfolds on, and torpedo across the pool until they reach the other wall...

And following a bite to eat with the ladyfriend, I have a late-night engagement with excruciating big-screen ultraviolence, courtesy of a nice Korean gentleman known as Old Boy.

I may not sleep well tonight.

NEXT MORNING UPDATE
I didn't. Head was swimming with images, both cinematic and related to working tasks, with the awesome nu-classical Kronos Quartet soundtrack from Requiem For A Dream pulsing through my restlessness.

OldBoy was magnificent, by the way. Best film of the year. Or of last year, when it was actually released in the UK. Or of the year before, when it exploded into cinemas in Korea. Perhaps. Or best film within my Recent Film System Processing Tray, anyway.


5 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger The Saturnyne, at March 01, 2005 3:21 am  :

You woke up with a WHAT?!?!?

Really, Mr Starbuck, thats Waaay TMI!

WAy way way! WAAAAYY!

I grin.

S.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at March 01, 2005 10:49 am  :

Chu chuckle - very good, Mr Howard!



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at March 01, 2005 10:50 am  :

(That's Frankie, not Michael)



Comment by Blogger Aiden Truss, at March 01, 2005 11:59 am  :

Picked up the Old Boy DVD yesterday, can't wait to watch it! Also took delivery of a region 1 copy of Garden State from Play.com.
:)



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at March 03, 2005 7:49 pm  :

I was sorely tempted to get the DVD in Tesco the night after seeing it at the cinema. Very sorely. But I was afraid it might have been a bit cut (it didn't mention the live octopus eating in the warning box on the back!)


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Juvenile brits...
Wedding update - snow and inadvisable poems
Sideways
RL VR mission
Congratulation corner
Teazer Goode
Zuma
Animal magic
Vigil in a wilderness of webgames
Half-way review - Lemon jelly

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.