Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, February 18, 2005 ]

Vigil in a wilderness of webgames
Starbuck [12:20] Comments: 1 []
 
At this point in the history of the web pretty much everyone with internet access will have played Insaniquarium. Lets face it, this nice little webgame has been publicised everywhere, the link has been been disseminated by timewasters worldwide... hell, I've even received unsolicited junk mail about Insaniquarium.

But I'd not played it before this week. If you're in the same sunken boat, and if you don't have a real-life alien-infested aquarium of your own, then give it a try. Way more compulsive than anything in life deserves to be.

Much less compulsive is Hapland, something a bit of a Samorost-alike but lacking in that essential little beauty's wonderful atmosphere. This sort of puzzle thing drives me mad, as I never like to be beaten by it, and I just keep clicking til my mouse contacts wear out. However this time I've given up before getting off it's first (only?) bleedin' screen, preferring to go swim with the fishies instead...


1 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 18, 2005 10:37 pm  :

And don't you scaredy cats be put off by the Popcap browser plugin...

... after inetensive research, all I can tell it does is save your game if the mouse moves out of the window, or save yer game between sessions.

So no excuses.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Half-way review - Lemon jelly
The Clutterbuck Blog
Wedding update
A very long neck
The doobie brothers
Blogger comments
Clutterbuck Computer Clutter Challenge Rounds 8 and 9
Fix to prevent phishing in any browser
Malcolm Hardee RIP
All about me, by my cousin

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.