Viper Squad Ten

[ Wednesday, March 16, 2005 ]

Days like these
Starbuck [16:51] Comments: 2 []
 
I sit at work in a sweltering office, the wintertime central-heating not having adjusted to the sudden onset of warmer weather.

Every movement, every slight jolt, is magnified into a grinding pain behind my forehead, as my gradual slope of dehydration over the last few weeks finally constricts around my lobes.

I drink bottle after bottle of water, prompting visits to the downstairs urinals every 20 minutes with each step pounding up through my body like a sledgehammer to my brain.

I sit here, ravenous, having replaced my usual lunchtime foodfest with a slight salad - got to get in shape for the big day, getting ever closer.

I get up to fetch a box of drawing pins and return to my desk. The box slips out of my hand, tacks flying everywhere. I stoop down to pick them up, one by one, from around and within the desk furniture, all 141 of them.

And then the bottom of the half-fill box gives way.

Life's retribution for having enjoyed the weekend too much.


2 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at March 17, 2005 7:43 pm  :

I hate those days.... sounds like the weekend was worth it though...



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at March 17, 2005 8:47 pm  :

Yay! It was flipping fantabulous! Sigh.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

The Castle Inn, Edgehill
Recipe for being left alone
# Why don't you
Clutterbuck Computer Clutter Challenge Round 10
Stouffer
Nine Inch Nails ticket takeaway
Manic monday
Juvenile brits...
Wedding update - snow and inadvisable poems
Sideways

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.