Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, July 28, 2005 ]

The ugly truth
Starbuck [12:35] Comments: 2 []
 
My wife was telling me last night about a Daily Hell-reading colleague, who was convinced that all Muslims should be forced to leave the country, and that we should never allow people people to have asylum in this country. She refused to accept any arguments to the contrary.

Words fail me, but they certainly wouldn't had I been a part of that particular "discussion".

How can people be so selfish, so stupid, so ignorant of pretty much every facet of an issue, so hateful?

When I saw yesterday the front pages of the Daily Mail and the Daily Express - those rascist bastions of middle-England - equating the London bombers'with asylum (two of them being the sons of asylum seekers) I wasn't at all suprised, but I still felt that sickness in my gut that I get EVERY time I see the front-page xenophobic rage of these two asylum-obsessed rags.

"Ashamed to be British?" Ashamed to be human, more like.


2 Comment(s):


Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at July 29, 2005 9:25 am  :

Ditto
conspiracy theory...
well timed..cancel African debt...live 8...ooooohh that could be expensive....how can we blitz that idea.....ah..i. know...and Iraq suddenly seems justified......

30 years ago maybe 50% of IRA bombs were the IRA where did the others come from?

We all need our own personal enemy...
you kincunts(maybe)

Vex



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at July 29, 2005 1:54 pm  :

Well, I don't have a clue what Vex is talking about, so I can't really comment.

(Scarily, however, my online nom-de-plume when I was a kid, oh, YEARS ago used to be "Vex". This really isn't me, however. Or at least I don't think I'm experiencing any Tyler Durden-style multiple personalities...)

Btw Vex's mention of the IRA prompts me to hope against hope that their recent announcement achieves what we hope it should.

It just goes to show what dialogue can achieve.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Messed up
Pedigree Comedy
Too long at work
Close to home...
Dirty bomb - don't panic
Be angry but be clear
Here we go again?
A fine weekend for weddings
Kirkadian rhythms
Stephen Spielberg's War of the Worlds Review

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.