Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, July 21, 2005 ]

Here we go again?
Starbuck [14:20] Comments: 1 []
 
Alerts around London... its still early days, but fingers crossed how this all pans out... there's a lot of lunatics out there... for some reason I'm recalling Soho Nailbomber David Copeland right now... I wonder how many such incidents are going to be prompted by these "other" incidents...


1 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at July 21, 2005 5:58 pm  :

Talking of the Soho bomber, I'm just remembering a visit to London a few years back before I moved there.

I'd gone straight from the train to the Admiral Duncan bar where I was meeting some people.

I'd not made the connection with the bombing then... I don't think I'd even seen the name (a friend led me from the station).

I'd got my big weekend bag with me, and I got quite drunk throughout the evening. To my shame I accidentally left my bag in the place (I'd tried to hide it in a nook or cranny somewhere as it was quite bulky). I went back when I realised and asked behind the bar, and it had been handed in.

And then I realised what had happened there a few years before, and I just felt so unthinking, so stupid.

But all these mistakes make you better...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

A fine weekend for weddings
Kirkadian rhythms
Stephen Spielberg's War of the Worlds Review
Londonistan versus Washingdon
Imagined memories
London friends
Explosions in London
Hacked off
Googlewhacked!
Live 8 review

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.