Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, July 21, 2005 ]

Here we go again?
Starbuck [14:20] Comments: 1 []
 
Alerts around London... its still early days, but fingers crossed how this all pans out... there's a lot of lunatics out there... for some reason I'm recalling Soho Nailbomber David Copeland right now... I wonder how many such incidents are going to be prompted by these "other" incidents...


1 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at July 21, 2005 5:58 pm  :

Talking of the Soho bomber, I'm just remembering a visit to London a few years back before I moved there.

I'd gone straight from the train to the Admiral Duncan bar where I was meeting some people.

I'd not made the connection with the bombing then... I don't think I'd even seen the name (a friend led me from the station).

I'd got my big weekend bag with me, and I got quite drunk throughout the evening. To my shame I accidentally left my bag in the place (I'd tried to hide it in a nook or cranny somewhere as it was quite bulky). I went back when I realised and asked behind the bar, and it had been handed in.

And then I realised what had happened there a few years before, and I just felt so unthinking, so stupid.

But all these mistakes make you better...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

A fine weekend for weddings
Kirkadian rhythms
Stephen Spielberg's War of the Worlds Review
Londonistan versus Washingdon
The DJ has to speak
Imagined memories
London friends
Explosions in London
Hacked off
Googlewhacked!

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.