Viper Squad Ten

[ Sunday, July 17, 2005 ]

A fine weekend for weddings
Starbuck [20:33] Comments: 2 []
 
This long weekend myself and Mrs Powersurge travelled up to Matlock for the wedding of our friends Helen and Ryan. It was a lovely do, best described by a couple of photos (click to zoom)...


We stayed up in Derbyshire afterwards for a lovely stay in The Old Schoolhouse in Bonsall, a very picturesque village threaded throughout a valley high about the surrounding country. The B&B proprietor, Lydia Fryer, is an accomplished artist, and as such their wonderfully-decorated home is furnished with a good number of her works.

Best of all, though, the Barley Mow public house in Bonsall has been designated as The Space Centre of the UK. By the landlord. Yup, its become famous as the world's number one spot for UFO's, or so it says HERE, and after a few pints of Abbot I was seeing all sorts of things...

There's some great walking country in the area, but to save a few words, here's a photo of the village, oh, and Peveril Castle, Castleton, as well. But not much of it.



Twas lovely. I may be struggling with my words here in the sauna of our house, but the main reason I wanted to write is that the time is finally upon me. Writing about a friends wedding has made me realise that, aside from the speech and song list, there's very little I've written about our wedding as yet, let alone picciepoos. I'll have to pull my finger out (though you don't want to know about that. Cue constipated mathematician joke.)

And having today finished reading Alex Garland's The Beach, and listened to the movie soundtrack for the first time in the car today, and being just about to watch the DVD as well, I'm feeling motivated to spew forth a bunch of stuff about the honeymoon as well.

Hopefully in time for Christmas.

Laters.


2 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at July 17, 2005 9:54 pm  :

such beautiful countryside!! i am green with envy.

make sure to report on your viewing of 'the beach'. the book is in my top five all time favourites but i found the movie to be a steaming pile of whatever. casting leo in the main role was a big, big mistake.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at July 18, 2005 7:53 pm  :

I only didn't bleedin' manage to see it in the end... time creeped ever onwards...

But yeah, I've heard some very bad stuff about it. But however messed up it is, I just want to see the scenery we enjoyed on honeymoon again...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Kirkadian rhythms
Stephen Spielberg's War of the Worlds Review
Londonistan versus Washingdon
Imagined memories
London friends
Explosions in London
Hacked off
Googlewhacked!
Live 8 review
Sleep and sleepability

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.