Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, September 29, 2005 ]

Celebrity Spot
Starbuck [16:14] Comments: 2 []
 
Since moving away from London my sport of famous people spotting has suffered greatly.

Whereas I would once chance upon such luminaries as Punt & Dennis, Avid Merrion and Michael Winner in the most unexpected of places, nowadays my main source of celeb excitement is SMS-based. My co-editor Stu, for example, keeps me constantly delighted with his ongoing surveillance of Dr Legg from EastEnders (aka actor Leonard Fenton) down at his local doctor's surgery of all places.

I've personally had to resort to spotting photographs of famous customers in restaurants for kicks (Bill Maynard and Rolf Harris in the Seetar Tandori last night).

Talking of the Rolfaroo, I've received two seleb-spotting texts from Usher Rich over the last week. One was Mr Harris (splashing paint around in Trafalgar Square), and the other relates to crisp-eating legend Gary Linekar...
JUST MET GARY LINEKAR IN A TOILET IN SPAIN. HE KEEPS POSING FOR PHOTOS BUT YOU CAN TELL HE'S REALLY PISSED OFF.
As you would be if you kept being asked to pose for photos in a Spanish toilet.


2 Comment(s):


Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at October 02, 2005 9:21 pm  :

I once walked past Ben Cross, he of 'Chariots of Fire' fame, and turned and said, "Ben Cross!"

Cross stopped and turned to me and said, "Yes?"

"Hello."

"Hello."



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at October 04, 2005 11:27 am  :

I'd love to be famous, for the sole reason of bizarre conversations such as that...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

WAIT
A first for everything
Computing hysteria
Retrearbution
Jerry Springer The Opera. Again.
Descender
Snotsalgia
Google Short Message Service
Picture request
Google Blog Search

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.