Viper Squad Ten

[ Wednesday, October 26, 2005 ]

Avian Nation
Starbuck [17:39] Comments: 3 []
 
As the H5N1 bird flu strain spreads into Europe, inching ever-closer to my home country , I find myself at lunchtime succumbing to the irrationality of fear.

Most working days I share my lunch with a gaggle of Canada Geese, a gang of Mallard ducks, and the odd moorhen. As with most of our feathered friends, they tend to get a bit messy (fecescious?) when over-excited, and there's such a riot of them that the air can sometimes be thick with the powder of pulverised faesces, the vector of their infection.

Now I know that there's presently nothing for me to worry about in the UK, I know that worry about anything does more harm than good, and that anyway our good friend the Canada Goose isn't too fond of migrating beyond these pleasant isles.

But still, today I found myself HISSING at the geese and ducks - hungry for my shami kebab - to keep them at bay. (But then again I was pretty ravenous as well...)

Got to get them out of the habit.


3 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at October 26, 2005 6:05 pm  :

As the mother superior said to... etc etc etc



Comment by Blogger Ron Lyre, at October 26, 2005 10:28 pm  :

Congratulations on your recent nuptials. Sorry I couldn't be there I must have misplaced your invitation, anyway I see you have taken a child bride and a beautiful one at that. Any chance of seeing the rest of that bridesmaid with the quite wonderful cleavage? Once again well done and all the best to your new wife. What a change from the old one!



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at October 27, 2005 1:06 pm  :

Thank you, Ron.

I shall pass on your kind regards to the bridesmaid!


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Sometimes you just need to take half an hour out t...
TV Quick
Household update
Powersurge Wedding Picture Exclusive (following a ...
Plumbing the depths
KMFGG
Like a kick in the plumbs
The weekend in pictures
Desperate marketing?
Bodger and Bazzer

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.