Viper Squad Ten

[ Tuesday, May 30, 2006 ]

Mon-Kal-L-deth
Starbuck [17:52] Comments: 2 []
 

Tcha tcha tcha tcha tcha tcha tcha tcha TCHA!


My nostalgia glands have been in a state of perpetual moistness
** ever since ITV4 started repeating the irrepressible Monkey weekdays at 6pm.

Wonderful - its as good as I remember from my formative days, back in the mists of time when I had just one digit to my age.

Monkey is one of my earliest TV memories. As I type I can clearly remember sitting with my Weeble* in my hand**, captivated in front of the adventures of Monkey, Tripitaka, Pigsy and Sandy round at my chum Ben's house (oh the shame, as the memory resurfaces of dropping one if Ben's Weeble's down the toilet ON PURPOSE; oh the joy, recalling how I would fly his parents sofa as a make-shift pink cloud, fighting off Pigsy Ben with my staff**)

The downshot of all this is: When I get excited, I've started making that "tcha-tcha-tcha-tcha-tcha-tcha" noise that Monkey makes when he's excited. Around the house. Around the workplace! I'm so embarrassing.

So this is me, dear reader, Starbuck of the parish Viper Squad Ten.

Look on in pity as the picture of your author further resolves before your eyes. Watch as I run up the stairs doing my "one arm outstretched the other behind my back" Superman impression, bursts of Eighties heavy metal riffage spilling from my internal jukebox and out of my mouth, punctuated only by gibbering Monkey Magic impressions.

Look on and weep.


* note to Playskool: the new design for Weeble's is shite; change it back.
**
this all sounds a lot more dodgy than it was, you filthy lot



2 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Aiden Truss, at May 31, 2006 2:59 pm  :

Apparently the woman who played Tripitaka died of Leukemia back in the 80s. She was only in her 20s.

No doubt she's floating on a cloud of her own now - up there with Buddha!
:)



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at May 31, 2006 5:47 pm  :

Aw, that's sad. There's some lovely photos of her over on the Monkey Heaven page.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Invasion evasion
Engerlund flags
Frogger
# Our radio rocks #
Brotherhood of Non
Eurovision: The Truth
Will Smith live review
Eurovision 2006
Flickng Gamma version
Three things I didn't know before May this year

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.