Viper Squad Ten

[ Sunday, June 18, 2006 ]

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Timelord
Starbuck [20:55] Comments: 4 []
 
One of the impressive things about the new imcarnation of Doctor Who is how the show manages to stay so fresh, whilst (mostly) dealing with mature themes in an accessible manner. I've written before about how it will be seeding "progressive" thinking into the minds of the young, and that continues to be the case.

This week's episode was "Love and Monsters", and whilst the Doctor and Rose were hardly in it, their reverberations were echoing all throughout.

OK OK, I'm running out of time here (got an episode of Lost to catch), so I'll reveal the rough notes that I drafted in late-night discussion with Mrs Powersurge over this:

"Wonderfully different & fresh. Much like Boom Town (hidden gem upon repeated viewing). Adult consideration of themes such as the repression of bad memories - and only afterwards did I realise that the incidental music being repeated throughout during Mark Warren's "love" excitement scenes was the theme from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Good blow job joke.


4 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Aiden Truss, at June 19, 2006 11:09 am  :

I've not been the biggest fan of the new adventures, but this week's episode was a nice departure from the formulaic - really enjoyed it.

Peter Kay - what a ham!
:)



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at June 19, 2006 1:14 pm  :

But a nice tasty side of ham!

Oh yes, this week's episode made me laugh (the Chaka Demus & Pliars gag) and "nearly" cry ("We forget, because we have to").

Tops!



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at June 21, 2006 1:19 pm  :

Have recorded it, 'cos I fancy Miss Henderson.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at June 21, 2006 4:23 pm  :

I recorded it, 'cos I fancy Peter Kay.

(And 'cos my Dad asked me to.)


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Rose glassoo
There's a monkey in the jungle watching a vapour t...
Honeymoon photo-log
Now I know why men wear neckties
Football No Funland
Football branding overkill
It's the opening day of the World Cup!
Powersurge Pregnant Pause
Ants and Deck
Football crazy

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.