Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, June 09, 2006 ]

It's the opening day of the World Cup!
Starbuck [10:17] Comments: 5 []
 


It's all so exciting! Or so I'm ceaselessly told.

I must say, as far as I'm concerned the main upshot of this world cup malarkey is the prospect of cheap beer promotions in the supermarkets (it's a thirsty game apparently, this viewing lark).

Nope, early 21st Century football's a bit too boring for me. I guess I've been spoilt - early 22nd Century Soccerism is a lot more interesting, what with the gravity wells and that.

But this time I'll be sticking with my tiddlywinks.



5 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at June 09, 2006 1:13 pm  :

Yeah, I heard the Crazy Chick on the radio too bemoaning the World Cup overkill.

I was especially annoyed by the interviewer asking her who'd she be supporting, the media presumption being that every single one of us gives a shit.

It sounds like we both "on-sided" with Charlotte, there. "On-side" - geddit?

Anyway, a message to any of you who are "off-side" (do you see?) with regards to mine own, Fishcake's & Ms Church's opinions:

Best of luck to you all and to all of your teams!



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at June 09, 2006 1:14 pm  :

PS Its a shame I'm not a big England fan as I'm mighty keen on the post's image background!



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at June 10, 2006 12:06 pm  :

my only interest is the world cup sweep that is running at the office. i have invested $10 and drawn ivory coast and my beloved australia. as long as either wins, i'm happy - with a patriotic preference for the socceroos :)



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at June 10, 2006 9:51 pm  :

I can't think of anything I care less about than the World Cup.

Oh wait.

Big Brother.....



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at June 11, 2006 12:17 pm  :

Yeah, a monetary incentive might help (for the World Cup or for Big Brother!). But there's just too much putting me off (not least the football!)

Example: Yesterday afternoon we were driving around the picturesque Peak District, and at one lovely town (New Mills) we were actively put off from driving up to the car park to have a look round, 'cos of a ferral group of drunken football fans spilled out of the pub and across the roundabout. I'm not someone who's easily concerned about such things, but it looked more like a riot than a roundabout (riotabout?)...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Powersurge Pregnant Pause
Ants and Deck
Football crazy
Department of Transport Initiative - May 2006 Info...
TV Quick
Horror films
Mon-Kal-L-deth
Invasion evasion
Engerlund flags
Frogger

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.