Viper Squad Ten

[ Sunday, January 14, 2007 ]

More sophisticated visual humour
Starbuck [14:28] Comments: 5 []
 
This time sadly missing the vital photograph...

The writing on a mug from a software publisher with a bizarre motto:


Blitz Games

Passionate About Games

Do Not Microwave



5 Comment(s):


Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at January 14, 2007 10:22 pm  :

Not sure whether the motto qualifies as bizarre. But I did spot a subliminal suggestion or embedded command: the last two letters of Passionate (te) and the first letter of About (A) make the word teA.

The brain ignores the space between the words, because it recognizes you know the word teA.

I therefore believe this is a conspiracy to stop people drinking coffee and make them buy more tea bags.



Comment by Blogger Stuart, at January 15, 2007 11:26 am  :

If the writing is some kind of metal leaf type wotist, that would explain the prohibition; otherwise it would arc in the microwave.

Which leads onto the fact that no one, in the whole world (that I know, I suspect) have ever seen anything arcing in a microwave. Just like no one has ever bought roses from a roadside seller, as discussed (but not with you) at the weekend.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at January 15, 2007 6:28 pm  :

Wow, well spotted Chris.

Thinking about it, I think I might've pondered this at very much a liminal level as I sat there with the steaming mug in front of me. But it didn't quite fully break through to the conscious level. It all feels a bit Derren Brown. Can you feel it.

Still, me being me (i.e. an idiot) I couldn't stop the uncontrollable giggles as I kept thinking about this cool computer games firm being passionate about games, but dead set against microwaving.

I've not had the giggles that bad since seeing the Ikea Dog (worth a visit just to pick up the catalogue). Must get round to blogging that up big sometime...

Oh, and Stu, I bet Jeremy Clarkson has got them arcing (is that like sparking?), but now is not the time to talk Clarkson. Not ever.

Incidentally I was once tempted to buy flowers from a road-side seller (where they walk up and down the road targeting the traffic jams on the A4 out of London), but I just got too damn scared in the end. Who will buy these wonderful roses? Not without a pistol in the passenger seat.



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at January 19, 2007 1:40 pm  :

Here's the culprit
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4396/blitzmugqv2.jpg



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at January 19, 2007 4:38 pm  :

Thank you, Anonymous Holder of a Blitz Games mug.

For those with an aversion to copy-pasting URLs, here's a hyperlink to the photo of this glorious artefact:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4396/blitzmugqv2.jpg

Admitedly I'd forgotten how small the "Do not microwave" bit was. Not so funny. Bah!


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Sophisticated visual humour
Favourite SMS from amongst the maelstrom of texts ...
Torchwood Finale
Stu's Music Round Up
New Year [retrospective]
Christmas telly aftermath
RakaStaka Christmas
Our Christmas Tree
Nearly Our Christmas Tree
Big Tree

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.