Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, February 19, 2004 ]

Vivisimo
Starbuck [20:15] Comments: 0 []
 
When it comes to web searches, I sometime take it for granted that Google is an integral part of the net experience. A quick insertion of the search query in the Google Toolbar, and voila, your uncle is Bob.

But after chasing through a Sitemeter referral to this site, and not wishing to mix my metaphors, I've jumped ship onto another search engine bandwagon.

Vivisimo is what has caught me eye - not a search engine, but a "clustering engine". It's meta-search service organizes the URL, title, and short description outputs of other search engines, and automatically clusters the results so as to organise documents into groups or clusters. Snore. For a geek like me, its "fascinating" (sort of) to check out what subsets of spontaneously-created hierarchical categories the search-input is separated into.

Jeez, what a boring muddyfunster I must be!


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

AdNoSense
Can I fill your void
Erratum - the correction section
Achingly beautiful memories
Tight Fit
# This is what you want... this is what you get #
Eye-ball-bearing
Very Metal
Acno's Energizer
I AM a beautiful and unique snowflake

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.