Viper Squad Ten

[ Tuesday, February 03, 2004 ]

I AM a beautiful and unique snowflake
Starbuck [21:15] Comments: 0 []
 
I have never considered myself to have a strong accent. Of all the people I know, I would say that mine was the most neutral; at least, its by far the closest accent to the median of my experience, perhaps swayed by the fact that I've heard my voice a damn sight more than anyone elses.

I've become accustomed to piss-taking Southerner mates calling me a Brummie or a Northern Bastid just because I was brought up north of the Watford Gap. So it was with shock that I was asked by a work colleague whether I hailed from Birmingham - the work colleague being a Brummie himself! The temerity of it! I must be sounding like Barry from Auf Wiedersehen Pet!

I suppose that I've picked up some strains of regional enunciation from all the places where I've lived.. Bristolian burrs and South London lilts and that, my loves. I've got a hotchpotch of haccents. But I reckon that my piss-taking mates have been to blame for my current Brumingham timbre. They tell you that you come from "Dudlay, in the Black Countray" for long enough, and you subconciously start to develop your character around it. Maybe there's a certain amount of underdoggish pride in there - the Brummy accent is reportedly the most ridiculed and least attractive in Britain (something I would disagree with, despite not having one myself, of course). I think its warm and full of character. Kinda sexy! And its probably a whole lot better than what I'm lumbered with naturally. Babs.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

"Crash hang wot no picture"
#Return of the Tim, once again, return of the Tim,...
Snake, snow, spiral and seafood-based webgames
I believe in the BBC
CONGRATULATIONS!
An answer to the big question...
Starbuck's marry-time adventure
Second-hand links
Top-Up Fees
I'm a celebrity lookalike get me out of here

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.