Viper Squad Ten

[ Saturday, April 03, 2004 ]

The Crimson Room
Starbuck [18:05] Comments: 0 []
 
I am currently THIS CLOSE to putting my can of Tesco Diet Cola through my monitor...

I'm playing Crimson Room, a puzzling flash web-game by Toshimitsu Takagi.

The premise - you wake up, hungover, in a mysterious room, not knowing how you got there, or why. Using a point-and-click control interface, its your job to get out. However, the door appears to be locked...

Now I like this sort of thing - I like the feel of underused neural pathways being fired up, that delicious sensation that kicks in as the dusty shrouds of cobwebs get swept away from my problem-solving circuits. I thrive on each small victory, each progression, each small step as you attempt to resolve the puzzle.

However, I've got myself stuck at a part which I can't elucidate on for spoiler purposes, but its a problem similar to one I've faced in sections of other games, and which usually involves me either tearing the plug from the wall or looking up the solution on the internet (I've now found another form of stuck-in-game catharsis - writing about it on VSX, you lucky people).

I'll let you know how I go. But in the meantime, I urge, ney, implore and beseech you, to go try it yourself (click HERE to play it in an approximation of English, or HERE if you are fluent in Japanese, or if non-Japanese speakers want to make it unnecesarily difficult for themselves.)


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

dEletion
Firefox - browsing by stealth!
Small things...
A wider world
Dust to dust
My favourite joke
Referrer bait
Etymological entertainment
Zombie Eaters
A moments respite

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.