Viper Squad Ten

[ Tuesday, August 23, 2005 ]

X
Starbuck [15:06] Comments: 2 []
 
I watched the video of our wedding speeches for the first time last night. All 53 minutes-worth of them!

Now I don't much like the thought of public speaking, so it was fascinating watching myself as I built up from nervous beginnings to a state of heightened confidence, bolstered by the reaction of the adoring crowd! My whole manner changed, my body straightened, my voice found a firm level... though watching the video it looks like my main orational influence has been fracking Tony Blair!

Apparently I looked mightily confident to our guests from the start, or so I have been told, but I tell thee I was twisted up with stress at the start.

But anyway, enough of the blowing of mine own trumpet. I just wanted to share the following:

During DJ Tim's Best Man speech my write-blocked co-editor had described my "artistic" heritage (amongst other amusing anecdotes), highlighting (whithout explicitly naming) everyone's favourite time-travelling troubadores Viper Squad X amongst other formative outfits (Dieticians Featuring Fat, Lesbian Love Triangle Featuring The Leather Lads, etc).

But I had quite forgotten one thing until I re-viewed Tim's speech free from the overloading haze of wedding-day adrenaline...

Now one of the (few) notable things about Viper Squad Ten (aside from our grog-given talent and our ability to plumb the depths of juvenile innuendo) was our band-famous "X" logo.

And at this crucial part of Tim's speech, I jumped up from my seat and dashed across the floor towards a figure sitting in the corner, proudly crossing my forearms in the age-old salute of Viper Squad X in deference to Commander Aardvark/Armadillo - illustrious leader of our troupe of timetravelling troops...

Who said that this blog's shifted away from its original remit?


2 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at August 23, 2005 6:15 pm  :

I'm impressed you watched the speeches - The Doc can't watch his.

Oh and ALL boys in my experience make the arms crossed X sign, you just justify it in different ways....



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at August 24, 2005 10:37 am  :

Yup, I had to have a few bevvies to steady my nerves. Unlike when I did the real thing...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

I wish I was hallucinating
Prepare For The Greatest Joke Ever.
One thing that I've learnt today
Writing about writing
Earwigging
Music to move you
Kubrik2001
Search engine secrets
Robin Cook RIP
Wedding bling

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.