Viper Squad Ten

[ Monday, August 15, 2005 ]

Writing about writing
Starbuck [18:25] Comments: 4 []
 
Smiley faceAh, the joys of blogging.

Life's been a bit stressful recently for reasons that I can't go into here (hey, respect a blogger's privacy, wouldja? I don't feel the need to bleed painfully all across the net, and even if I did I'd set up an anonymous site far away from this very public portal into my life. Anyway, I'm more tempted to set up a HAPPY FRIENDLY anonymous site with a prize at the end of the neon rainbow for any VSX regulars who'd decided to unearth it via their impressive net-nous and web-wizardry.)

But after a tiring computer-free weekend its been nice to get back to work and see a treasure-trove of auto-forwarded comments sitting in my inbox. I felt incredibly touched in a strange sort-of way (not THAT strange sort of way!)

I've found it difficult devoting the free time that I've needed to these pages over the last few weeks. I've got a wealth of ideas but a paucity of energy - there's the wedding chronicles to come, and the Clutterbuck Closing Ceremony, plus, erm, those rude-looking trees. Ahem.

But worst of all, it's been difficult finding the capacity to absorb myself in the the lives of those valued blogging chums represented with pride upon my blogroll (to help the imaination of those vision-impaired readers whose screen access software can't cope with my Template From Hell, they are over in a righthand sidebar of my frontpage. And following that trajectory of thought, all you other website owners should head on over to the Colorblind Web Page Filter to see how your site looks to sufferers of various types of colourblindness. You might want to optimise it out of the goodness of your hearts, but knowing you lot you're more likely to just want to do strange things to your pride and joy. Most of the filters improve my personal snot-green monstrosity, anyway!)

Where was I? Oh yeah, I'm miss reading as much as writing these so-called worldwideweblogs.

The weird thing about blogging, the "special" thing, is that sense of involvement and association, of friendship, with what was formerly a "stranger's" life. And whilst I don't keep track of what my "real life" friends are up to apart from when we meet up so very occasionally, it can really feel like I'm missing out when I can't check up on my blogfriends.

Whatever, I'm out of time once more. I'd only intended on logging in today to post up a smiley face to everyone who'd made my morning in writing...


4 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at August 16, 2005 10:11 pm  :

Sorry to hear things are stressful - its great to read you whenever you can post.

Plus its complicated this end too.....



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at August 17, 2005 11:17 am  :

Life is complicated.

But that's what makes life so great, when you triumph over the difficulties.

And when you know that something you are doing is the right thing (to paraphrase your own blog title, Birdy!) however hard it may seem, its the best feeling when it eventually pays off.



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at August 19, 2005 2:03 pm  :

" its the best feeling when it eventually pays off"

Absolutely!



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at August 19, 2005 5:53 pm  :

Cheers, birdy.

I've gotta go now, but I've gotta go with a nice warm glow.

(Go to the pub that is)


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Earwigging
Music to move you
Kubrik2001
Search engine secrets
Robin Cook RIP
Wedding bling
Random views
Evilutionary
Planarity
This is hardcore

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.