Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, September 02, 2005 ]

GGYGGZ
Stuart [09:32] Comments: 4 []
 
I am going to elaborate on the short review from me below. Forgive me for always writing about music, but it's the only thing I know anything about.

I have been spoilt rotten (by myself) with gigs over the last two weeks. Friday I was at Reading Fest (jus' for the day) and saw the Pixies!!!! and the Killers, and QOTSA, and DFA1979, and Fightstar being bottled for not being "real" when they sounded exactly like Green Day, which the youth of today seems to think are the epitome of everything punk stood and stands for, but I digress. I also was around the stage when GLC, Wedding Present, Elbow and Graham Coxon were on, but none of them particularly registered. The truffles weren't as good as at Ashton Court, but otherwise it rocked.

On Saturday I went to Clapham Common to see Carl Cox, Sasha and Digweed, but that was rubbish. never really liked bland superstar DJ stuff but have always wanted to see Sasha. Boring. Cox won for playing rock tracks, acknowledging in the process that dance is dead.

Tuesday, see below. I had never seen Iggy before and he is a god. They played Funhouse! It was great!

Last night was the Pixies at Alexandra Palace. I like AP because it's such a weird building with a fascinating history, and it's only a short walk from my flat. Although it doesn't always hold up as a gig venue, it rocked last night, the sound was good n' crisp n' loud, and I was a happy man. Until we lost my brother in law. He phoned at 1.30 to say he was alright though (you'll be pleased to know).

Have you ever had coffee from a polystrene cup where the cup has tiny holes in and the coffee kind of leaks out in little brown bubbles? Well I've got one now.


4 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Gary, at September 03, 2005 8:57 am  :

A colleague of mine went to Ally Pally too, and said it was brilliant. He was deaf the next morning, too :D



Comment by Blogger Ron Lyre, at September 03, 2005 10:38 am  :

Ahh...George Formby, Vera Lynn, Alistair Pocket and his Rather Loud Allstars, not too mention Frank Pushofski and his Oboe Orchestra, Harry Nod and his Harmonica Gang, Jacob and his Farmyard Whistlers, too many to mention and sadly all gone to that great ballroom in the sky...those were the days...



Comment by Blogger Aiden Truss, at September 03, 2005 1:54 pm  :

Totally unrelated to music...

If my dad ever bought a new pair of trousers, he'd always boast that he needed 'plenty of Ally Pally' in them. I once made the mistake of asking what he meant. 'Ball room' came the reply!
:)



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at September 06, 2005 7:12 pm  :

Jealous... the only gigs I ever see nowadays are the ones on my Gmail account.

And the only bands are the ones round my ring-finger.

If you need any more pitiful puns then please let me know.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

"Should've gone to Specsavers"
What do they know?
Proxy Music
"Erotic" Ent-tertainment
Definitive reviews
Freshly minted blogs
Reviews wanted
I am programmed to obey my Master's commands
Animal riots
X

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.