Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, December 08, 2005 ]

FOLLOW UP TO LAST POST... FILMS OF THE YEAR
Stuart [09:07] Comments: 4 []
 
So I was annoyed at my lack of memory. I have consulted with Empire and my wife, and I think this is (pretty much) a list of the films I have seen this year (and were released this year). This does not make me sad, although it's a pretty poor showing. I still don't know which of these fit into the Top Ten. One step at a time.

So I've seen (in addition to the top 5)...

Million Dollar Baby
Ocean's Twelve
Ring 2
Vera Drake
Napoleon Dynamaite
Garden State
Constant Gardener
Harry Potter
Some Italian thing - Everything goes round or something
Mirrormask
Innocence
Bonbon
Wallace and Gromit
SIN CITY (how could I forget that?)
Kung Fu Hustle
Crash
League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse
Land of the Dead
Serenity
Hitchikers Guide To the Galaxy

Which means I have not seen, and have to await on DVD or catch soon:

Stealth (in a beer and pizza way)
Lord of War (as above)
Fantastic Four (er, again)
Domino (ahem)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Broken Flowers
Hotel Rwanda
Doom
Nightwatch
Devil's Rejects
Wolf Creek
Last Days
Howl's moving castle
The Island
War of the Worlds
Mr and Mrs Smith (ahem again)
KING KONG

Ta-da.


4 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at December 08, 2005 12:02 pm  :

garden state went straight into my all time forever top 5, i adore that film. crash and nightwatch are in my top 5 for this year.

arcade fire & the editors are in my top 5 cds for the year.

bugger, i'll have to compile my own lists now :) credit for inspiration will be suitably linked.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at December 09, 2005 10:52 am  :

Not sure about my own top films of the year.

I really really really enjoyed the House of Flying Daggers, but that was right at the tail-end of 2004 so it doesn't really count.

Howl, Descent, Oldboy, Very Long Engagement, Hitchhikers, erm, can't think myself now - there must be more than that...



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at December 09, 2005 12:59 pm  :

I see you haven't listed the films I saw this year: Meet The Fokkers, Sahara, The Revenge of the Sith.

On your list I can only tick Arry Potter.



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at December 10, 2005 8:44 am  :

I noticed the mighty "Revolver" is not on your list. Fear not I picked a 40p DVD copy up for you in China. I'll get it gift wrapped and ready for your Christmas!


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

TOP TENS OF 2005
Howl's Moving Castle
Christ on a bike!
"The preposterous bollox of the situation"
The benefits of blog silence
Diggie Houser MF
The Festive Fifty
Children In Need
VSX - an apology
The League Against Tedium

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.