Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, January 06, 2006 ]

Derren Brown - The Heist
Starbuck [17:36] Comments: 4 []
 


Can you feel it? Can you feel it? CAN YOU FEEL IT?

Ever since watching on Channel 4 last Wednesday, I've had "Can You Feel It" by the Jackson Five (or rather, The Tamperer featuring Maya and "Feel It") rattling constantly round my mind, along with the urge to hold up security vans.

I was thinking about going to see the scary-bearded mind-melder on his "Something Wicked..." tour, however I think I'd be too worried.

You see, the ballroom-dancing ex-law-student hypnotised me 14 years ago, back when he was a hypnotist called Darren V Brown. Myself and others got up on stage and, in order to test our pliability, were persuaded that we were in a number situations standard to stage hynotists. I'm perhaps a bit hypersuggestible (or maybe I was just a drunk), but I ended up getting taken off stage and "relaxed" when I got a bit agitated (the "freezing cold" suggestion bleeding over into the subsequent "racing driver" suggestion).

It's actually very nice being relaxed by Derren Brown. Maybe I was at an impressionable age and he's now seeded my psyche with his evil intentions on making me his love-slave. That would explain why he reminds me of Richard O'Brien, in face and in voice. If I was a lady or a gay non-lady I would think of them both of cutie-pies. Bloody hypnotists.

So for this reason, I don't think I'll go and see him on tour. I don't want to be his hypno-bitch.

Good showman, all the same. And respect to anyone who shows up the reality behind magicians, mind-readers, spoon-benders, spiritualists (of all religions and none), politicians, and their ilk.

DERREN BROWN IS THE GREATEST. HE IS MY MASTER.



4 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at January 06, 2006 6:35 pm  :

No chance, that's not the way it works, dearie.

I'm not desperate for your visitors. Insecurities not my bag, baby!



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at January 07, 2006 1:10 am  :

hahahaha!! i love the inanity of the spammenters.



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at January 09, 2006 9:50 am  :

i saw a car numberplate today that was VSX followed by some random number - i was too busy giggling to see the rest of the plate. how dumb am i??



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at January 09, 2006 1:10 pm  :

Not dumb at all.

But I would say that, 'cos I've had the same experience. Left me feeling quite exhilerated and overly giggly, in a Donnie Darko kinda way...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Cat litter furniture
Christmas top telly chart
Doctor Who: The Christmas Invasion
Not so heavy weather
Christmas gifts
The Birthday Party
The Christmas party
Infected spam for Christmas
4 TV bullets
'Tis the season to be scatalogical

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.