Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, January 13, 2006 ]

An Open Letter to the Editor
Stuart [11:23] Comments: 4 []
 
Happy New Year one and all, and specifically to my illustrious leader, who has (whether by act or omission) granted me continued sub-posty-person status into 2006. And regretful belated happy birthdays to him too. He remembered mine, I didn't (quite) remember his. At least not when I should have done.

So, 2006 eh? New house for him, hopefully new house for me. Certainly a year of big change, but more on that nearer the time.

Anyway, Mr Powersurge, the nation (i.e. me) awaits full lists and reviews of what you actually received in the musicy filmy arena for Christmas. I know what you asked for not what you got.

Be a love and fill me in. (as it were)


4 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at January 13, 2006 3:53 pm  :

The amount of times that Mr Stuart has asked me to "fill him in" makes me blush.

Ahem.

OK OK, so I guess a quick review-me-do will be in order.

Please consider it added to the 2006 task-list. Along with my late Kong review. Plus Hyperdrive (Kevin Eldon & Nick Frost in space - I like!)



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at January 16, 2006 11:22 pm  :

Oh, and I'm intrigued (and a little guessful) about your 2nd paragraph, Stusey...



Comment by Blogger Stuart, at January 18, 2006 10:08 am  :

I have just spotted your reference to Hyperdrive. Don't go down that road. Sci fi comedy (at least on TV*) (at least live action anyway**) is the last safe place for beard-growing single middle aged teachers (probably) who are too embarassed to go to comic conventions anymore. Sci fi comedy is the geekiest of the geek. Geekiness in its place is obviously brilliant, but sci fi comedy = Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy (funny when you're 14, not any older), Red Dwarf (words cannot describe my hatred). Sci fi comedy is BAD. i haven't seen Hyperdrive but that's not going to stop me hating it. WRONG.

* leaving room for Galaxy Quest, Airplane 2, Mystery Men, etc

**leaving room for Futurama which is BRILLIANT and not at all geeky. Erm...



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at January 18, 2006 5:00 pm  :

Hmph. I know your sort. Your going to be telling me that the Western is the only valid form of cinema, next.

Hyperdrive - described as "patchy but endearing" by the Guardian. Sounds like your cuppa?


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

New House & VSX preview
Tasteless trivialisation of serious and frightenin...
X?nnián kuàilè
Derren Brown - The Heist
Cat litter furniture
Christmas top telly chart
Doctor Who: The Christmas Invasion
Not so heavy weather
Christmas gifts
The Birthday Party

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.