Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, March 06, 2008 ]


Starbuck [17:59] Comments: 3 []
 
Hmmm, so much for the big VSX comeback.

Short, is time, yes.

So here's one that I made earlier. Or rather, here's one that MIA Co-editor Stu made earlier. Or even, here's something he emailed me.

Just as well, since I can't see myself getting round to my annual music & film review for 2007, considering my 2006 review only came out in September, and since I've not really absorbed much music or film in 2007 anyway.

So.

Here's Stu:

Best singles

Manic Street Preachers - Your love alone is not enough (I'm sorry but I really like this song)

Andrew Thompson - What's up

Klaxons - Golden Skans

Scroobius pip - Thou shalt always kill


Best albums - in order at least to begin with

Battles

Arcade Fire

Radiohead

Queens of the Stone Age

Everything Jesu has done this year (and ever forever)

Band of Horses

65 days of static

Maps

Bloc Party

Editors

Also rans

Nine Inch Nails, Broken Family Band, Klaxons


Best album that I had never heard until this year (so to me it is an album of the year, yeah?)

Slint Spiderland


Most rubbishly disappointing album of the year

Interpol

(Chemical Brothers came close)


Best gig

The whole Barcelona "experience", Tool at Brixton, Battles at Koko


Most irritating musical person of the year

Jack Penate

I hope that you've found that edifying.


3 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Ron Lyre, at March 21, 2008 12:03 am  :

I'm not quite sure but you've been away then? And now your back? Me too but I don't expect you noticed.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at March 25, 2008 7:10 pm  :

I have. Sort of. For one good reason and for one bad.

And I am. Nearly. But I need to perform a time-stretch.

And I didn't. Sorry. But I would have liked to. And I'll be back!



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at March 30, 2008 10:55 am  :

saw QOTSA & duran duran at V festival yesterday!! yay!!


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Robot Wars on Terror
Moc-moc-a-moc
Welcome Back [Sychic Starbuck]
Starkid Smell
Starkid Smile
Ravey Baby
Christian Voice
Radio 1 news
Global Warning
Review: The Mighty Boosh - S3E1 - Eels

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.