Viper Squad Ten

[ Tuesday, May 20, 2003 ]


Starbuck [00:46] Comments: 0 []
 
(picking lime-scale from the kettle-heated-bath out of my teeth)
I'm very glad that I've worked out that those mysterious brown flakes that appear in the bath now and again are limescale.

Internal jukebox: Killing Joke "Millennium - Back To Orion Mix".
Also, the Do-It-All advert theme.

Virus news: first copy of Palyh hit my work email account yesterday. Didn't even have a screensaver as promised. Rubbish. Expecting many thousands more copies from all round the world.

Last few days I've been a bit too geeky for my own good. It all started when I got a Spectrum emulator on a CD with PC Format magazine. This led to the downloading of a bunch of ROMs and tape images of various old Spectrum games from World Of Spectrum. Rediscovering Geoff Crammond's The Sentinel was a joy - this game I lost months and months to as a kid, and it's still as awe-inspiring as ever. Then I started downloading remakes of old games from places like Retrospec. Got a very nice Lunar Jetman, plus Bloody Tetris. Also a Chuckie Egg & a Skool Daze remake that I may have to reinstall. Loads still to come. As if I don't spend enough time on Spheres Of Chaos and Uplink. And now, although I'm well knackered tonight, and desperately need sleep, I've just stumbled across a remake of The Sentinel, which may or may not work, and may or may not be any good, but is currently downloading as I type. Maybe I shouldn't bother - how could it better the pure beauty of the original? No time to check it out now, anyway. Hibernation time.

Ponderings as I slip into stasis: The biochemical intricacies behind Princess Valium's rock-eating-oxygen-harvesting abilities.
Also - must contact the Manager. Soon. Things need done.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Thinking about Hormone Hell, one of these days we'...
Finally saw Adaptation, after many months of not h...
Monday evening. Made physical contact with Aardvar...
Stardate summat summat summat, watching Star frack...
Watching Animal Park on the telly. It's theme tune...
Toys R Us was a revelation. A stunning emporium of...
I have hopefully now managed to make direct contac...
At the Ashow base tonight. Tired. Oh so very tire...
Tiny bit of time to write. Got a message from Durm...
Calling Aardvark. Calling Aardvark. Or was it A...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.