Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, August 08, 2003 ]


Stuart [17:10] Comments: 0 []
 
I don't mean to constantly snipe (well, okay, i do) but LEMON JELLY? I bought it, I hold my hands up, I did. I believed it was good. But it is irredeemably BAD. I read a review in NME which described it as the aural equivalent of being hugged by a sweaty pilled up Norman Cook, and that it was music for people who don't like music. This is being overly kind. The most insipid music, combined with the most irritating vocal samples ever committed to tape. A rare feat.

I'm not sure that i can conjure a top ten of the last year, but of the last month:

1. Kings of Leon - it really is brilliant. I will never want to listen to it again in six months, and will file it with BMRC and the Strokes. But right now, it's the best thing ever.
2. Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking and Strays in equal measure.
3. The Clangers Soundtrack album - the ultimate drift off to sleep CD.
4. Underworld -dubnobasswithmyheadman - Cowgirl. Class.

Anyway, whose blog is this? F*** off, Richards!


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

This is bloody funny. EDITOR'S WARNING: VERY STR...
News that Arnold Schwarzenegger is to run as a Rep...
In further blogging news, another rarified entry t...
I saw some of these laverly ironic Patriotic Poste...
Enough of your Think Tank dissing, Richards. It's ...
Helloooooooo. Can I just pass on one piece of mus...
It must be baking in London at the moment - althou...
More avoidance-tactic surfing which should actuall...
Thanks, Stu, for the link. A good dictionary site....
Right, I'm crashing this here Blog again, but i th...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.