Viper Squad Ten

[ Sunday, November 30, 2003 ]

Orisinal - web games for all.
Starbuck [16:01] Comments: 0 []
 
Sweet bliss! The last couple of days, I've been sampling the delights of Orisinal.com, a truly wonderful collection of delightful web-games. The whole thing is so beautifully presented - its a pleasure just trailing your cursor across the index page. It's a pastel-shaded haven of natural peace amongst the brash noise of cyberspace (if you will).

Although not all of the games are triple A standard, I've found that the good majority of those I've tried to be engaging and some, dare I say it, moving. I'll leave you to discover the best of them - I don't want to deprive you of any of the joys of discovery...

Each game's foundation is a well-executed simple and accessible idea. When combined with some dreamily artistic visuals and, that rarity for web-games, music that is well composed and never out-of-place.

Its good to see a site that looks and feels like a piece of art, as well as housing a diverse collection of unique gameplay content. Its the sort of thing that my grandparents could enjoy as much as my 5-year old nephew. It certainly brings back for me that sense of innocent happiness that is the preserve of childhood.

My internet now feels like a much wider and warmer place!


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Freewayblogger
VSX band meeting
BBC vs Pop Culture
Death to False Metal
Matrix prequel revealed
Open message to email spammers
Chris Bloody Finch!
Music made easy
Site update
Some things you don't want to hear

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.