Viper Squad Ten

[ Saturday, December 06, 2003 ]

Samorost
Starbuck [17:02] Comments: 0 []
 
As if I wasn't currently spending enough time enriching my already rich life within the addictive and beautiful world of the Orisinal webgames (note to sub-ed Stu: you're right, the pig-stacking game is just TOO addictive for words), or obsessing at great length over the effect of minute changes to the physical laws that govern the lives of my wire-frame Sodaplay organisms....

... the last thing that I need is a new internet toy to soak up my precious time.

So its very annoying that I've now embarked on Samorost, a beautiful point-and-click flash game. It breathes out an atmosphere akin to the more organic Oddworld moments, heavily condensed with surrealism, and thick with the mulch of intrigue. As you can probably tell, its making my head hurt. Quite a lot. Because I'm not very clever.

Take some time out of your life and give it a try. It's not full of frenetic action. But it makes me feel all funny inside (especially when you right-click-zoom your way deep in there - those little guys are so endearing!). And don't give up.

But don't blame me when you wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night, stuck in a mossy dream world of puzzles. It sinks its hooks deep, this one. Like a Cenobite.

UPDATE: Like most fun things in life, it ends just that bit too soon. But its still well worth your time.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Bill-end
'Tis the season to be wheely brummin' merde
Monsieur Bricolage, With Zese Blogshares You Were ...
All About Your Editor
Return of The King Ace Trilogy
Home-time
Orisinal - web games for all.
Freewayblogger
VSX band meeting
BBC vs Pop Culture

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.