Viper Squad Ten

[ Monday, January 12, 2004 ]

Miss Me - But Let Me Go
Starbuck [22:18] Comments: 0 []
 
My Grandad's funeral service was today. If you could possibly judge a funeral or the wake to be a good experience, then I would have to say that things went as well as they possibly could. A wonderful close family experience - the "family" of more-than a hundred-strong that turned out to celebrate his life giving strength to the close-knit core o fthe family. I've spoken about my grandad before, and I don't feel I should say much more right now. But I just wanted to share with you the reading that I gave, as, whatever your own situation - whether someone you love has passed away recently, whether you or your loved ones are currently ailing, or whether you and your family are happy and strong - I feel that there's alot to be gained from these words.

Miss Me ? But Let Me Go (author: Unknown)

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little ~ but not too long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared.
Miss me ~ but let me go.

For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone.
It?s all a part of the Master plan,
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart,
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss me ~ but let me go.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Hip-hop Hobbits
Blogroll update
The need for speed
Starbuck's Atomic Sitcom Dustbin
...... Kill..... Your..... .......Television
Blog*spot advert banner
Astronaughty
Blogging by proxy
Immacs
DIY Ascii'ifacation

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.